Lt. Commander
# 1 Save my power tray please!
07-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Is there any way to save the power tray setup when I switch ships? I get so sick and tired of everytime I change ships I have to completely rebuild my tray from scratch. Even if I assign my boffs back to their original stations I have to start all over again. I'm a Vice Admiral with alot of stuff in my tray and its a lengthy process to put everything back the way it was. With new missions on the horizon requiring us to use shuttles, fighters, etc. this could get old real fast.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't have this problem. When I switch ships, it saves my innate/item/equipment hotbar assignments. As well, it also saves my BOff assignments. Just have to assign the BOffs back to their original locations each time and it places their abilities back where they were assigned on the hotbars.

I switch back and forth alot between my ship and shuttle. The only thing I have to do is put the BOffs back in their proper assignments each time I switch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
I don't have this problem. When I switch ships, it saves my innate/item/equipment hotbar assignments. As well, it also saves my BOff assignments. Just have to assign the BOffs back to their original locations each time and it places their abilities back where they were assigned on the hotbars.

I switch back and forth alot between my ship and shuttle. The only thing I have to do is put the BOffs back in their proper assignments each time I switch.
I wished it would do that for me. is it a setting you may have saved on your options that we dont have saved or selected?

Course it could be that Starscorp and I are Andorians so it just naturally has to make things tougher on us LOL

Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2011, 08:23 PM
This has been an issue for many since season 2.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2011, 08:27 PM
The first time you get a new ship, you have to set it up for that ship (FYI - be sure to zone into a system or other sectoer after doing that as that's when it does a 'hard save' (from all reports) - then , if you swiytch to another ship (or shuttle); when you switch back (as long as you have the exact same Boff lineup); it should save your power tray layout for taht ship. (And yes, I too wish they'd allow us to set a 'prefered default layout' too.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
I wished it would do that for me. is it a setting you may have saved on your options that we dont have saved or selected?

Course it could be that Starscorp and I are Andorians so it just naturally has to make things tougher on us LOL

I looked over all my settings and do not see anything that would affect this.

Here is a step by step process with some images of what I am doing that is working for me:

First, here is how my hotbars and BOff assignments are:
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/a...p_switch01.jpg

Then when I switch to my Delta Flier, it automatically puts "Rozco and Tylla" in the two stations:
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/a...p_switch02.jpg

I switch Rozco to Three and Rozco's ability (T key) disapears from the tray and Three's appears instead (Q key).
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/a...p_switch03.jpg

I then go back and switch to my Dreadnought and this is how it all shows up:
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/a...p_switch04.jpg

So I just put my BOffs back in their stations and watch as my hotbars are repopulated with the abilities as I had them:
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/a...p_switch05.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll try the "hard save" zoning and see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-29-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this (I really didn't read through all the posts) but when you switch ships you need to put the same exact BOffs in the same exact ship slots they were in before. All your abilities should then go into their proper place. This usually works for me.

Though I will say, there should be a better way of saving the tray.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-29-2011, 02:21 PM
And on a similar note. Anyone else havign their BOFFS on the bottom of the screen stacking on top of each other now rather than in just a line?

Really annoying as it means I have to move everything else around to see them properly.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBranagh
And on a similar note. Anyone else havign their BOFFS on the bottom of the screen stacking on top of each other now rather than in just a line?

Really annoying as it means I have to move everything else around to see them properly.
To change that, all you need to do now is press Escape until the window opens up (or F12 if you haven't rebound it) then Rearange HUD. You can now reshape (not resize) the display list of ship BOffs in space. If you make it skinny, they will stack vertically until the max height is reached then spread horizontally. If you make it wide, they will spread horizontally until the max width is reached then they will stack vertically. Bottom to top, left to right.

You can also hide it by clicking the word "hide" on the green element, when in rearange mode. I have mine set to show every window except for the BOff window. Love displaying my weapon box along with my hotbars (#3 setting). This allowed me to clear up 8 spots!