Lt. Commander
I have my keybind set up so that the spacebar fires all phasers and left alt my torpedoes, but my torpedoes keep getting fired when I press the spacebar? What's going on?

Example: http://i.imgur.com/u4zj7.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2011, 03:47 AM
Check your power bar. Is there a "green border" around your torpedo icon"? If so, right click it once... Cause its set to autofire if it is. Rightclicking it removes that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2011, 03:57 AM
If your torps are not on your power bar make some space, press "P" then click and drag your torp from the list to the tray. If there is a green outline follow the wisdom of the mighty anazonda.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Obviously there is a B'rel retrofit right next to your ship trying to start a political conflict by letting it seem like you are fireing on friendly ships..
And a traitor who manipulates yor database. Probably a female vulcan that looks like she just escaped from sex and the city.

Scan for an enormous amount of neutron radiation to confirm that theorie...
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2011, 08:48 AM
I am new at this, granted, but I know autofire when I see it. There are no green boxes around my tubes.

I'm I the proud owner of a weird bug? Actually, sometimes I cannot access my power bar at all. The keyboard works, but the mouse clicks don't, and then rarely it starts working again....
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Don't worry your not the only one, it happens to me as well occasionally since they brought the Tribble patch with the power tray update live a lil bit ago. File a bug report on it I guess and maybe they'll get to it, maybe...

EDIT:

Seems to happen most often when I uncloak. But can happen any time, of course when I uncloak tends to also be when I start cannon fire (But I don't usually want to fire a torp straight away).
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Got that.

Since you didn mention anything about it, i thought it was worth checking.

Providing all the info at hand avoids theese incidents.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-29-2011, 02:54 PM
I know this seems like a miniscule thing, but the following happened to me for a while... Make sure you're ALT key isn't sticking. I have Fire All Weapons set to SPACE with ALT+SPACE set to Fire All Torpedos and CTRL+SPACE set to Fire All Phasers. I went for days where all of a sudden, just for a little bit, my torpedoes would not fire. It started getting worse and worse to the point where I was going to file a bug report when it happened again.

So, then it did and I went for about 15 minutes in a fight unable to fire any torpedoes. A strange turn of luck happened, as my cat tried to jump on me onto the desk, landing on my keyboard. All of a sudden my cat fired my torpedoes!! Something clicked and I knew then it was my keyboard.. so checking it out in Notepad.. Come to find out, my L-ALT and L-Shift keys were sticking.. A good cleaning fixed that.

One too many moutain dew spills.

Even though, with the above comments, this appears to be a bug you've encountered. I'd just rule sticky keys out just to ensure you don't get embarrassed should it turn out to be that, after filing a bug report.