# 1 trading with self
08-08-2011, 04:33 PM
can I send money to an alt?
Can I send parts to an alt?
Can I send a ship to an alt?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-08-2011, 04:39 PM
no. Have your Alt post something on the exchange, and then have your 1st toon buy it.
yes (unbound items and uncommisioned bridge officers only).
no. you can send delta flyer schamtics, and have the recieving Alt build it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendoah
Another way is if you have a friend in game you can trust.

Give them the money you want to give to your alt and then he can trade it to your alt when you log him/her in.

This is how I do it most of the time.

IMHO this is something they need to fix as you can mail money to yourself in every other MMO on the market that I play.

Even if they make it so you are only able to send money through the mail to your own characters and no one else I would be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendoah
Not directly. A way to do is have the receiving character offer something worthless on the Exchange for a high price (preferably with an unusual number choice that you'd recognize) and buy it. Or have a trusted friend as a middle man.

Quote:
Can I send parts to an alt?
If it is not already bound to your character, you can send it via the ingame mail system. Either by using [ALT_NAME]@[PLAYER_NAME] or just @[PLAYER_NAME]. The latter becomes visible to all your alts.

Quote:
Can I send a ship to an alt?
No. There is no way to transfer ships at all. So far, all C-Store bought ships are unlocked for all characters, so that route, you don't need to transfer ships. But if you buy ships for Energy Credits, Marks or Emblems or have built a shuttle, it's only for that one character and non-transferable.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Items, just mail them to yourself. EC you either have to do the exchange thing, Fleet Bank (both characters need the right level of privileges) or have a friend help you. I often will just send good items to my lower level characters and have them sell the items on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Not directly. A way to do is have the receiving character offer something worthless on the Exchange for a high price (preferably with an unusual number choice that you'd recognize) and buy it. Or have a trusted friend as a middle man.
Another thing to do is look up worthless crap on the exchange for something that doesn't have a high quantity atm, and then quickly re log and buy it (with the unusual number choice, as you suggested).
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2011, 09:27 AM
To send EC to a lower ranking too, i will have the toon who needs the EC's put a battery for sell on the exchange for 999,999. then buy it with the higher tier toon.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-09-2011, 09:22 PM
It should be a non-issue if you are in a fleet.

It should be a wake up call to make friends.

There that said, PM me I'll help you trade anytime. I make it my business to be trusted, if I had ever screwed anyone, you would have heard about it here on the forums (most likely).:p