Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
08-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
The only people how taking that kind damage are people how not spec into Hazard Emitters. Not having them is asking to be targeted. Yes the klingons should et them as well.
I have hazzard emittrers but the cool down on them is a lot longer than 3 seconds .. So yeah I can stop the secondary explosioon for the 1st few pengs but when they being shot rapid fire style aproximently every 3 seconds sooner or later they do get me ... snd for you guys talking about talent and skills yes it is a video game but like everything else that is competition based some ppl are more talented or skilled however you look at it at playing them ... There are some countries that actually have competitions playing video games like star craft where you make lots of money if you have the skills and the talent to play them good ...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
08-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
this has actually nothing to do with talent but logic.
Why would anyone use something else than Har'pengs when the whole PvP instance spams them against them?
They do btw have a disadvantage vs Quantuums: I have NEVER seen even one of them critting for 25'000 dmg.
That is true but then on the same hand I have never seen a quantum hit with any kind of critical hit when the ship they hit still has it shields up... Pengs on the other hand goes straight to the hull whether shields are up or not
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
08-10-2011, 09:12 PM
There is nothing wrong with these the way that they are... Just spec your ship correctly if you PvP and issue solved. People will start going to other tactics. Why does there not have to be any challenge in the game? Seriously...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
08-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBlood
Pengs on the other hand goes straight to the hull whether shields are up or not
No, they don't. Pengs do kinetic damage just like any torp on impact. With shields up it's usually around 600-800 damage. Shields don't block the radiation debuff, which is where the secondary explosion comes from 12 seconds after impact. The idea is that the primary explosion causes radiation to damage your ship's systems until they explode, doing straight-up hull damage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
08-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDemerzel View Post
There is nothing wrong with these the way that they are... Just spec your ship correctly if you PvP and issue solved. People will start going to other tactics. Why does there not have to be any challenge in the game? Seriously...
Uhuh.....
Don't want to loose your shiny eh?
There is nothing that can be done when people spam the crap like crazy, and many cruisers and escorts are extra screwed because they only have an Lt BOff slot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
08-11-2011, 04:39 AM
make it unique and fix the proc.. either remove the 100% proc chance or dont make the proc stack.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
08-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Ill take my tricobalts plz.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
08-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagnum
I wish that peiople would get off of the "Nerf Boat." The devs already made adjustments to the harpeng torpedo. They do not need to be changed anymore.

I think a Peng boat would be fun in PVP. Just make sure that you have a tank build if you run it.
the nerf boat! lol... nice gamer slang, i'll remember that one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
08-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
No, they don't. Pengs do kinetic damage just like any torp on impact. With shields up it's usually around 600-800 damage. Shields don't block the radiation debuff, which is where the secondary explosion comes from 12 seconds after impact. The idea is that the primary explosion causes radiation to damage your ship's systems until they explode, doing straight-up hull damage.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but it was the secondary explosion I was talking about going straight to the hull ...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
08-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Yeey more Pengs in the game!!! Whoop whoop :p

But if you use that crap on me you will pay for it >:]

Ill smash my trico in ur peng :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 AM.