Lt. Commander
# 21
07-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Here are two absoultely awesome powers to deal with Borg. If you are a Sci, then grab the Physicist Kit. If you aren't a Sci, then be sure to bring a Sci BO with these powers.

Electro-Gravatic Field (formerly Gravitic Shift) - This holds a group of Borg in a single place.
Exothermic Induction Field (formerly Thermal Vent) - This deals AoE fire damage in a single place.

HIt EG field to hold them, then EI Field to burn them. You can pretty much one-shot most borg after doing this to them.

-----

Another recommendation is to have 2 different Sniper Rifles. Just use the secondary attack to deal sniper damage. Snipe, switch weapons, backpeddle a bit if needed, then snipe again. This way you spend alot less time remodulating.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Especially in an STF...

Induction field + plasma grenade + orbital strike = good bye trash mob
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-31-2011, 11:23 AM
I appreciate all the advice. The only part I am confused about is the remodulator. Where to I get one and how do I replicate it?
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Your ship replicator! Go to your inventory and at the bottom there's the replicator button. It's the first item on the menu.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Your ship replicator! Go to your inventory and at the bottom there's the replicator button. It's the first item on the menu.
You must be aboard your ship to use the replicator for creating these items.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
You must be aboard your ship to use the replicator for creating these items.
Also, be sure to craft enough for your entire away team & equip them with remodulators (they are free to craft).
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Really? I just assumed they would adapt to the energy type in general. I guess he does not need that "pack all different energy types" advice I gave then.
NO the adpation is per person per damage type.

A peek behind the curtain time...

The actual game mechanism of the adpation is a debuff on your character. The debuff is a 90%+ damage debuff for a specific energy type. So once you are debuffed, every attack after that, which inflicts that damage type, does very little damage. All that matters if the damage type. The debuff(s) is cleared with the Frequency Re-Modulator.