Lt. Commander
# 11
08-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworoth View Post
I like the idea of the Dreadnought, my problem is its age, meaning Galaxy class ships are out of date. [...]
No, it's not. Game lore already addresses the issue of old-looking ships operating in the game's timeline through including references to modular ship-building. The ships are designed to look like past generations, but are current generation technology.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworoth View Post
I like the idea of the Dreadnought, my problem is its age, meaning Galaxy class ships are out of date. At this time pariod it would be the same as constitution class in 24 century, when the Galaxy class was new. So now i come to my point, and question.

Would it be possible to get a new skin on the Dreadnoughts. I had the thought of using the Nobal class texture on it, but keeping the same structure as a Galaxy class starship. I think that would present a really good modern version of Federation Dreadnought.

Maybe its more complicated then that I don't know, but i think it would be cool, just a thought.
The age does not bother me. If you look the TNG/DS9/VGR era its very common to so older ships from TOS the era the Excelsior class is everyplace. They just do refit to upgrade the tech within the space frame. Moreover in all good things the Galaxy dreadnought future took place in ~2395. Only 14 year before the start of the game. Like someone else pointed out SCE moved to modeler design anyways, making upgrades a more viable options. And someone else pointed out the Galaxy class was designed to be a viable class for at-least 100 years even before the move to modeler design.

However, I would like to see new skins for the current dreadnoughts and an alternative assault cruisers dreadnoughts and a Typhoon class dreadnoughts refit.