Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
As I play engineer (Vice Admiral) I encounter Borg quite a bit.

My usual run down as prep is this

70 large hypos
70 large power cells
Tribble of Borg
Klingon Bat'leth with Borg damage additions
Modulator
Bunker kit
Shotgun (17-18 m limit) or Sniper Rifle
Armor against plasma but having HP and other things that boost health
Shield needs to have anti plasma strength to soak damage and enough cap

Tactics

Ground rules.

1. Never flat out engage that will kill you set set your Bo's to stay put and scout the group and patrols.
2. if they bunch together put up your generators, forcefields, and turrets cover shield as well.
3. get your Bo's off and set them around the bunker and quickly set their mortars and such
4. Pick out the middle of the group usually a drone and order a bombardment and summon your seeker drone.
5. Pick out a target and count your shots and have cover shield on standby. Jump behind it to re modulate your weapon.
6. Heavy and Elite Tactical s need to be melee d shooting doesn't do much.
7. rinse repeat. re set tactics accordingly.

PS step at the start use your tribble of Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-02-2011, 02:11 AM
well i use crafted very rare mk xi equipment and emblem pulsewave assaults (disruptor, really takes those heavies and elites down)

shields:

[cap]x2 [reg] (its quite easy to not take damage for 3 seconds with all the knockbacks from shotguns

armor:

energy dampening armor [hp][regHP][RegSH]

this is gear for my whole standard away team
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazimer
CLASS SPECIFIC TACTICS:
Engineer:
Using fabrications:
the point of using fabrications is to protect them with a cover shield and then stay near them so they can help you.

Cover shield:
Gaining cover for your generators and mortar as well as remodulating
Medical generator:
Very helpful, should be the first thing u fabricate after a cover shield
Shield generator:
Not so useful, but if ur building a bunker before battle, this is a must
Phaser turret:
should be fabricated once u wish to begin battle, the way i do is to stand behind your cover shield and
fabricate the turret beside it
quantum mortar:
fabricate this far away from the battle or behind a cover shield
force dome:
should be used to strenghten ur bunker even further but they dont last very long. best deployed where most of your team is

using explosives:

Place transphasic bomb
very useful for ambushing bosses
chronitron mine barrier
if u're getting swarmed by drones, this is a very good skill to shake them off

using shield buffs, dmg resist buffs and debuffs:

shield recharge:
small recharge but instantenous, also give a dmg resist to shields buff
reroute power to shield generator
large shield regen and small dmg resist buff
weapons malfunction:
if u have this in ur kit, use on tac drones, they will do nearly no damage this way
fuse armor:
make slow borg slower. not very useful if you're already using aoe roots and knockback effects on your officers

covering different kits:

bunker fabrication:
almost purely defensive, good for tough fights
Perhaps you should organize this by kits. You list several abilites under "using shield buffs, dmg resist buffs and debuffs". These are all part of the Equipment Technician Kit. And then you list 1 kit (the bunker fabrication) at the end of the section. It would be helpful for people to know which one is better, pros/cons.

Also, here's a protip: In any given mob, always target the heavy tac first (unless there is an elite in which case he should take priority). Heavy tacs and elites have an AOE bolt spray which can take down your shields and damage multiple players in a single spray. Take them out first. The rest of the small fry is just clean up.

Also, for STFs, DON'T BE MAVERICK. If it's your first time, LISTEN to the experienced person in the group. Being a Leroy Jenkins will ruin the fun for the whole team. Don't activate or interact with consoles/objects if you don't know what you are doing, or if the team isn't ready yet.

And, for Pete's sake, bring a remodulator, and a stack of large hypos. Unless you want people to think you are a NOOB.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-03-2011, 04:59 PM
finished on the engineering skill part, further readiblity updates, taking all posts into consideration, cmon now, don't be shy, post ur strategies, tactics and opinions D:
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-04-2011, 02:54 PM
What about suppressive fire? I like slowing the borg down.

-Jeff
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-04-2011, 03:40 PM
like i said before, the class specific tactics will be posted later on, i made a tac officer and got him to VA before season 4, only played engineer since then, so i'll have to research into different tactics, weapons, build, etc