Lt. Commander
I would like to add a report player link to the character information and file a complaint ticket from the information window. I have noticed that on ground a character handle does not show up making it difficult to report violations.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-02-2011, 03:07 PM
WHat kind of " violations" are you seeing to make it worth Cryptic coding a " report player" button on a characters BIO screen?
If you're seeing THAT many " violations" then you are either:
In with the wrong crowd

Taking things personally that arent ment to be taken personally

Someone who doesnt belong in an MMO

The is an ONLINE game and is not RATED by the ESRB or whatever it is. I find it hard to beleive that someone is DOING something that offends you THAT much. If people are SAYING things that you dont like,, then ignore them, or switch chat channels. THe game is ment to be enjoyable for EVERYONE!

Just Throwin in my two cents,, not trying to start anything....
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I for one agree with the OP ... There should be a button when you right click on someone to report violations, its not a content rating issue so much as if someone is violating the rules with a name, or spouting something racist or acting innapropriatly/sexually harrassing another player, you don't always have time to try and track down their @handle or may otherwise not know /how/ to report such an occurance .. as the poster above me said, this game should be fun for "EVERYONE"... this includes the person who is getting harassed to the point of needing to file a ticket though, a person should be able to have fun without violating the online policies and those that do shouldnt be able to get away with it because of someones inability to accurately report someone. It should be made easy to do and not a chore ... (and just a pre-emptive "for the record" I've not once yet HAD to report someone but still would like to see the option)
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainchaos66 View Post
The is an ONLINE game and is not RATED by the ESRB or whatever it is. I find it hard to beleive that someone is DOING something that offends you THAT much. If people are SAYING things that you dont like,, then ignore them, or switch chat channels. THe game is ment to be enjoyable for EVERYONE!
This game is rated Teen actually. While obviously interactions between other players may not fall under that rating, the game is supposed to be 'family friendly' in the majority of cases. Star Trek after all is not just an adult thing, it brings in the young too who need their parent's permission to play. Do you honestly think (responsible) parents will let their kids play knowing that the company who moderates the game allows for some way above T rated material to go unchecked?

Adding a report button or perhaps just adding the character's handle to the character information page should be done. Perhaps maybe a drop down item with things like "Report to GM", "Add to Friends List," "Send Tell", "Invite to Fleet" would be better.