Lt. Commander
# 11
08-01-2011, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i said they'd say they get nothing like it lol. you dont "win" at giving a planet aid(s) and honestly with the way the fa que's have been (along with the pvp ones) i can say that until its fixed it doesnt count (if its fixed then yes, by all means it counts)
I did some 3-4 FAs yday, and it worked fine.

As for the aid missions.. The dont compete with other players, but they do complete (ie: "win") the mission.. My arguement stands :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Winner takes all is no good, but there should be added incentives for winners (expanding the number of completions, new missions, new accolades, etc) that are tired directly to winning. Any pay outs really should take into account more than simply putting out damage since well timed CC or healing is equally important. There is precedent in all sorts of PvE modes for people get rewards, including nice items, so there is no reason that shouldn't be adapted to PvP.

The winning team could get a loot box and everyone could lot or pass during the minute or so after the match. It could include extra money rewards, data samples, equipment, or whatever (just like PvE). PvP's rewards like these, being extra, should probably be tied more closely to success since some folks could use the extra incentive and no one likes leeches.

FvF (and to an extent KvK) needs a reduction in the amount of current rewards, but since that will NEVER fly, FvK should get a significant boost.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Right now they just need to add the missions tied to PvP, you know like the curretn complete 20 Arenas and get XP, BOff Points. What I propose to add is something similar. Win X amount of Arenas and get extra emblems or level appropriate item. Then add streak mission that would offer similar rewards, except it would be tied to the streak so lets say win 15 games and you win 15 games using five 3 game winning streaks you would get a reward but it would be lower than a person involved in three 5 game winning streaks, then maybe a purple item or drop for winning 15 in a row. These things can be over time or daily. And only available for non custom PvP matches to avoid abuse. I know that this may be a sore point for the PvP community but I think it would be fair and promote public queuing
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I'd be happy if i could spend the 25000+ Medals of excellence i have on something worthwhile.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-01-2011, 10:22 AM
I played warhammar online for a few years they had an interesting system. In warhammer online they attach loot tables to players. In other word you defeat a player in pvp they have a chance to drop any thing from trash gear to a peace of a very rare armor set, with the most common drops being the equivalent of badges and emblems. Something like that could probably instituted into sto with ground gear for the ground and space gear for space.
At the very least they could flush out the vendor at k7 a little more adding rare and very rare equipment at 2x and 3 time the normal badge cost respectfully.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-01-2011, 11:41 AM
As a reward for sticking with PvP, I would like one new mission type. Just one. Two would be tremendous. Three would probably kill me with delight.

Basically, the OP is advocating the cutting of rewards in half. At least, I'm on the losing side about half the time, so my rewards would be cut in half. Let's see ..... does that motivate me to play PvP?
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-01-2011, 11:46 AM
That's why I don't think a change is as important as making additions. Existing rewards, if unaltered, allows for business as usual. New rewards and goals would bring PvP more in line with all of the PvE benefits and have no negative impact on anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
As a reward for sticking with PvP, I would like one new mission type. Just one. Two would be tremendous. Three would probably kill me with delight.

Basically, the OP is advocating the cutting of rewards in half. At least, I'm on the losing side about half the time, so my rewards would be cut in half. Let's see ..... does that motivate me to play PvP?
No wait maybe I was unclear. I don't want to change the existing reward for the looser at all. If you lose you will still get the same reward as now. Nothing will change for you. BUT if you win you will get an additional item box like you get from Aid the Planet missions or the Foundry daily.

I don't want to take away anything (taking something away is never a good idea as we have experienced some time now). I only want to give the winner a little bit more. Nothing game breaking because as those who get such boxes from time to time know it is pure luck to get something really good. Most of the time it's some green chunk anyway.