Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 101
08-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
This thread should be closed seriously.

Sigh - I was really hoping that there would be some meaningful discussion into the future of space combat. Sadly, the community has determined to turn it into something pointless. Another peeing contest, relegated to the pile of rubbish.
We can have decent (balance) discussion threads and all. But they need to start with a well-thought out post that actually fits the realities of Space PvP and the real underlying issues. Some side tangential thing like Photonic Shockwave ain't gonna help nobody.

We've had such discussions in the past. But to be honest, I am not convinced there is anything more to add, really. The Devs have to give us something, otherwise it's just walking in circles..
Lt. Commander
# 102
08-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
We can have decent (balance) discussion threads and all. But they need to start with a well-thought out post that actually fits the realities of Space PvP and the real underlying issues. Some side tangential thing like Photonic Shockwave ain't gonna help nobody.

We've had such discussions in the past. But to be honest, I am not convinced there is anything more to add, really. The Devs have to give us something, otherwise it's just walking in circles..
But there's so many people good at piloting in circles and smashing space bar!
Lt. Commander
# 103
08-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Wait, this thread is about PSW?

lol
Lt. Commander
# 104
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I have two more soft counters to PSW, and trics OP.

Tractor Beam Repulsors, and Evasive Maneuvers.

Here are some consumable ones. Shield Battery, Deuterium Burns, Subspace Field Modulator, and Engine Battery.
Lt. Commander
# 105
08-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm not convinced he's even reading the replies anymore. We keep telling him stuns don't stack, they only last four seconds. Yet he keeps saying how we're stacking stuns somehow. He's even abandoned the hypothetical 1 BoP vs 1 Random Fed ship and is now saying it's OP that a team of 5 BoPs can take down his one ship.

Lt. Commander
# 106
08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
I'm not convinced he's even reading the replies anymore. We keep telling him stuns don't stack, they only last four seconds. Yet he keeps saying how we're stacking stuns somehow. He's even abandoned the hypothetical 1 BoP vs 1 Random Fed ship and is now saying it's OP that a team of 5 BoPs can take down his one ship.

I'm sensing a big green presence in this thread...... I suspect it is vengeance.
Lt. Commander
# 107
08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
It's not about building specifically for one tactic because there isn't just one tactic. Similarly, there isn't just one counter. If someone is teaming up on you, team up on them back, lol.

Most PSW BoPs are one trick wonders. If you adapt they have to as well. It's the circle of life or something like that. Sing it with me now!
Lt. Commander
# 108
08-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0x View Post
your screwed for that amount of time if you do what you were doing to me in Kerrat, doubling up on me with two ships using the same tactics keeping me disabled. Heck you had a third and I am sure if you time it right and had enough ships you could make it last for quite some time till everyone's timers start to reset again. The point is at what point to you recognize that is needs to be fixed other then saying its great and that people should build towards and learn how to counter. Don't be foolish.

Think of it this way... Point you nose down for a sec and take a chill pill. Lets say that Cryptic next season releases an open area of space that is always contested open to all. completely un-instanced. At that point your 5 team of BOP got your chains down pack perfect and instead of killing them just using them in sequence just to **** that person off. Someone who just start playing and just hit VA and got his new shiny ship, completely not ready to PVP but wants to just look around because he bought the game and as he enters you launch your attacks in sequence on vent. Other then them clicking the x at the top right or CTRL-ALT-DEL and killing the game what are they to do then just sit there while you screw with them. Admit that it needs some sort of stacking nerf or immunity after so many attempts in a short time period and be done with this conversation, as well as all these types of abilities. This is the point of the discussion.

The fact of the matter is that expecting everyone to build their toons in preparation for certain abilities is ridiculous. Builds, abilities, reconfiguring buttons and all the rest that comes with changing everything is not as easy as throwing on one set of gear or another. It takes time and points for each occurrence and it becomes annoying for those of us who want to PVP but also PVE.
:>

I guess you didn't read a few pages back when you where told this discussion was had a year ago and after any stun in this game now... you get 15sec stun immunity. This was heard by Cryptic already and they did just what you are suggesting.

We did NOT keep you chain stunned. I stunned you a few times sure... but never for more then 3-4 seconds every 15 (best case) I did double shockwave you once or twice... but that just moves you around (no disable) I just find it funny playing ping pong with my prey.

Go over the list you where given of counters earlier..... there are multiple ways to defend against PSW... there is one hard counter... and tons of soft counters. You don't have to run them all... and most of them are common sense skills to use in PVP in general.

Don't take getting beat up on so personal, I have no life and play the game more then you. lol
Lt. Commander
# 109
08-01-2011, 01:31 PM
From his mom's basement no less.
Lt. Commander
# 110
08-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Most PSW BoPs are one trick wonders. If you adapt they have to as well. It's the circle of life or something like that. Sing it with me now!
This is true, while it's a fun and powerful combo if you manage to pull it off. If you don't you're in for a long fight were you're at a disadvantage.
Closed Thread