Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Welcome back. You really do have a lot to catch up on, lol.

Disables all have counters and there is only one Klink ship type with Universal slots (for which is pays dearly). Aside from a few abilities being buggy, out of line, or poorly tested, balance isn't all that bad right now.
I have been back for quite some time now. You are incorrect as there is no counter to this chain of abilities. Your disabled and dead in seconds. Period. The only thing that saves you is a dependability which is also a chance that someone is healing you and is able to do this within those seconds and is aware that this is occurring.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I like this part.
Quote:
I took a break for about a year and a half...
And I especially like this part.
Quote:
FYI, i have been here since Beta
But here we go...
Quote:
I have been back for quite some time now. You are incorrect as there is no counter to this chain of abilities. Your disabled and dead in seconds. Period. The only thing that saves you is a dependability which is also a chance that someone is healing you and is able to do this within those seconds and is aware that this is occurring.
Please don't suggest that I'm misinformed, VA Pr0x. If you want to see the 1 on 1 scenario you are asking about, I invite you to get your BoP with it's universal battle cloaking iWin button and demonstrate that a decent pilot is completely helpless. The alternative, since 1 on 1's are petty and unimportant, would be to ask for advice rather than assuming a year and a half break makes for a highly skilled and well informed captain.

Good day sir. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I like this part.

And I especially like this part.

But here we go...

Please don't suggest that I'm misinformed, VA Pr0x. If you want to see the 1 on 1 scenario you are asking about, I invite you to get your BoP with it's universal battle cloaking iWin button and demonstrate that a decent pilot is completely helpless. The alternative, since 1 on 1's are petty and unimportant, would be to ask for advice rather than assuming a year and a half break makes for a highly skilled and well informed captain.

Good day sir. ^^
Don't blame me because your unaware. Stick to the topic or move on. Please.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-01-2011, 12:04 PM
While I totally agree that PvP balancing needs to be addressed, I'm afraid that there are several faults in your argument OP.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Is this guy serious?
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
While I totally agree that PvP balancing needs to be addressed, I'm afraid that there are several faults in your argument OP.
Care to share?
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Is this guy serious?
I am... Care to elaborate on your thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0x View Post
Don't blame me because your unaware. Stick to the topic or move on. Please.
That's rather dismissive, lol. I'm speaking on the topic. The fact that you are unable or unwilling to concede that your vast experience may have still left you woefully ill prepared for your triumphant return doesn't make my point any less valid.

PSW has been nerfed. Viral matrix is garbage. APO and Aux to Dampeners are your friend. Tactical Team is cheap, easy, and all the rage right now. Diverting power to something like shields is pretty hawt, but Engines shouldn't be neglected either.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Is this guy serious?
Well, he may think he is, the REAL question is, do we take him serious?
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Hahahaha sorry.

The Feds can't do what the bop can do.... DO YOU PLAY this game.

The feds have every possible usable combination in the game.

Here is what a bop can do that a fed ship can't do better. Run a ship with NO tac officers. lol

Honestly think up any other combo... there is a fed ship with the same layout + one extra ensign... more hull more shield... and in some cases even better turn.

Also.... seeing as the game hasn't been live for 2 years yet... I don't think you want any of our thoughts anyway. lol
Closed Thread