Lt. Commander
# 51
08-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
That 50 % bonus is a far smaller bonus then you might think. The damage that is multiplied by damage strength modifiers is a low base value of damage, not the total damage.

The "BaseDamage" is the Mark 0 / Standard Issue weapon. E.g. the damage you dealt in your good old Miranda (not the BOP, that's alraedy Mark 2).

So a 50 % damage bonus is more like a 10 % damage bonus at our tier.
Ohh I understand... I also understand that 10% + 10% + Deuffs for a tactical class thanks to FOMM and being able to load things like beta... mean that a full buffed tactical in this game is about 3x what any other MMO DPS class is capable off. Just saying. I know the calculations are off base... they are still entirely too high. I mean really... no buffs my cannons do 1-3k dmg..... buffed 7-15k.... That is craazy... and its why Cryptic has just handed out resist after stacking resist for a year and a half.

Honestly being able to build a toon that can consistently hit Beam Overloads for 30k+ and cannon crits for 10k+ points to very bad game design to me. Don't get me wrong I love killing people in 2 seconds... but really no kidden they'll cry if we start talking about there stacked shield buffs.

I don't know in every other MMO I play the DPSs normaly have one massive attack... they can almost never lead with it. It almost always has some "battle state" or "attunement" requirement; or it is the end of some long chain of skills. Bottom line Its ok to give players a POP skill to finish with. It feels great, to use and pvp wise, the ender shot will have some long cycle... heck most games I can think of even gave that ender shot some sort of induction so you could interrupt if you had the skill.

Bottom line... as a STO DPS Monster (ok no ego I promise)... racking up crazy DPS in this game IS WAY too easy. Getting big overloads or torp hits... or even the face beating canons of doom... give me no joy anymore. Its far to easy to push 4 or 5 buttons... and wail on someone. (When there buffs are down) Heck I circle people and don't even bother shooting anymore till the buffs drop... Go to full shields and circle, switch to weapon power when that EPTS has 5 seconds left and kill them.

I know I am going on an on in this thread... I'm not sure why, guess I would like to hope Cryptic will turn the ship around... really I'm not playing with the band on the way down though.
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
I ultimately agree with you that the extremes we have are simply too high. The resist and heal stacking is a necessity in presence of strong damage buff stacking. The combination leads to players wondering between why they blow up in 3 seconds and other players wondering why they can't make any dent in their enemy shields. It is totally noob-unfriendly, because if you don't know the key skills to achieve decent damage or decent resists, you just lose. And it also makes SNB the crucial ability in PvP that it is.

While NPCs really need to start using more buffs, the buffs we have for ourselves need to be reduced as well.

And I think there is another area that we need to look at: Weapon Power. It's benefits are way too strong as well. It's another 100 % extra damage you can get compared to the baseline. (And in this case, it's atually multiplied with all the damage buffs....) But of course, changing this can also be only done if the other values are put more in line.
Lt. Commander
# 53 Sensor scan
08-03-2011, 01:07 PM
You mean like stacking sensor scan III 10 times? Makes you ships almost worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
The big issue I have is stacking and chaining buffs and debuffs. Buffs should not stack; only the higher buff should apply. Chaining debuffs should not be allowed and anyone that has been chained stunned by a group of Science players knows what Iím talking about. Just let the first one effect the target but after the effect wears off you get a small window of time that your unaffected by the same debuff.

Also I donít really like the dogfighter approach of the ship combat. Cruisers should not be able to fly around like Tie Fighters. Shields should last longer, ships should move slower and battles should have more of a tactical feel rather than a FPS with ships.
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
You mean like stacking sensor scan III 10 times? Makes you ships almost worthless.
But it requires 10 Science Captains to make that possible. If you really have to fight 10 of anything against you, you'll probably have trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-03-2011, 03:44 PM
well seems the age old issues from pvp from beta still are about.

Some good suggestions. I like the idea of removing stacking globally for both defense and offense.

Something to consider team. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 57
08-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Offensive ability stacking + cloaking ships is horribly unbalanced at the moment.
Defiants and Klingon ships can do godly amount of damage when buffing up all they got.
And with the nerfs defensive abilities have taken it feels pretty much pointless taking anything other than an Excelsior to PvP as a cruiser, and the Galaxy Class is just target practice.
Lt. Commander
# 58
08-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
I think single full aux can make your ship worthless too. Like a snb+scan+BO3 hit with 34k (17k). Thats a nice debuff imo better than FOMM? And that sci fleet 40% shield dmg resistance :O... Tank and dps wow.
Lt. Commander
# 59
08-04-2011, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Offensive ability stacking + cloaking ships is horribly unbalanced at the moment.
Defiants and Klingon ships can do godly amount of damage when buffing up all they got.
And with the nerfs defensive abilities have taken it feels pretty much pointless taking anything other than an Excelsior to PvP as a cruiser, and the Galaxy Class is just target practice.
Against someone who dont stacking defense buffs, its nightmare, and OP. but against stacking one (engi cruiser), its kinda weak. even if able to dmg, they hit RSP or Miracle worker and TT. But i dont think that anyone can shoot trough cruiser shield with empts3+tt2+RSF. And even BO3 hit trough, they just healing it. I think thats why ppl using PSW, so opponent cant use those defense skills.
Lt. Commander
# 60
08-04-2011, 04:06 AM
Shield resistances: Should be reduced greatly, and shield heal hp increased a lot.
Hull resistances: Should be increased greatly, and hull heal hp should be reduced a lot.

Then the shield would be the rapidly fluctuating one, and that makes sense, as it's just a matter of moving energy. And hull would be much harder to replace once lost, so it would be possible to wear someone down over time.