Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 How do you take Screenshots?
07-31-2011, 01:27 PM
I've looked but can't find anything. Any help would be great!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-31-2011, 01:32 PM
The "Print Screen" button.

The files get saved under "C: - Program Files - Cryptic Studios - Star Trek Online - Live - Screenshots".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
The files get saved under "C: - Program Files - Cryptic Studios - Star Trek Online - Live - Screenshots".
just note that may be different for each operating system, but the general idea is the same. it should not be too hard to find.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Just press PrntScn on your keyboard or type in /screenshot and press enter. Screen shots will appear in your screenshots folder. The path should be Local Disk (C > Program Files > Cryptic Studios > Star Trek Online > screenshots. I usually make a shortcut to that folder in my main Pictures folder that makes it easier to get to later.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh I see! Just print screen and they are saved in that file. Thanks
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Just press PrntScn on your keyboard or type in /screenshot and press enter. Screen shots will appear in your screenshots folder. The path should be Local Disk (C > Program Files > Cryptic Studios > Star Trek Online > screenshots. I usually make a shortcut to that folder in my main Pictures folder that makes it easier to get to later.

Very good idea. Thanks again for the help
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Also worth noting that if you use the print screen button on a loading screen you get a capture of the loading screen, but its in a .tga file which photoshop can open.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
just note that may be different for each operating system, but the general idea is the same. it should not be too hard to find.
STO is Wndows only so that should the only way "
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Get a camera and take a picture
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgoose
STO is Wndows only so that should the only way "
the file directory is different from windows 7 to windows xp. earlier versions may be different still.

the file path PhiloPhi listed is different to mine.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:14 AM.