Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo80 View Post
Have we lost territory? no
Have we gained a foothold into other regions of space? yes
Do we raid more freighters/resources than starfleet? we have the only official raid mission, so yes
Have we made direct strike into the heart of their territory? there is a mission to attack the shipyards on mars

So how are we losing? The feds have prettier locations and more sector space, but they're spread out. They try diplomacy first before attacking. By the time they fully throw themselves into the same scale of warfare as during the dominion war, we will have hundreds of their systems conquered.
It isn't about that. It is about numbers and frankly the empire doesn't have that. Speaking as a player of both factions So in a sense the KDF is more than stretched than Starfleet. They won't add more content exclusive to the Klingons to really they help them out. Hopefully Perfect world can fix that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-03-2011, 12:52 AM
I think the KDF has it's back against the wall. We have been pushed back more then once, while the devs told us it would be only a minor set back and we would get nwe stuff soon. Then they gave the Federation new stuff and left us out entirely.

Cryptic gave up on the KDF long ago and just forgot to tell us
Lt. Commander
Check out my post, it kinda has a similar theme to this post.

Post #1
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-03-2011, 03:24 AM
BTW folks I think before anyoine claims federation favortism it's worth noteing that since launch the federation has only gotten 3 faction exclusive missions (that's if you count the remastered episodes as new content, I imagine most would but I'm sure someone out there wouldn't )

just something to step back and consider.

the KDF is getting content it's just slow going.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-03-2011, 04:04 AM
Not really an arguement when the other side has 90 % more actual content then the other.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
to counteract your number 2 point i must say that the federation faction had more than 8 missions at launch. point 1,3, and 4 are completely valid though. also, i think the ship count is right, I also do know that the federation had more uniform options at launch then KDF does now. again, 1 3 and 4 are valid points, number 2 is incorrect however.
KDF players have more than 8 missions now. We can quibble over whether Featured Episodes should count as "KDF content" later, but for the discussion of scrapping the faction, I think we can come to the agreement that a Klingon commander today has more missions to level with than a Federation commander at launch?
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
KDF players have more than 8 missions now. We can quibble over whether Featured Episodes should count as "KDF content" later, but for the discussion of scrapping the faction, I think we can come to the agreement that a Klingon commander today has more missions to level with than a Federation commander at launch?
actually I'd disagree with that, the federation's conent is, MOSTLY unchanged from launch, the number of episodes avaliable to the federation has not changed much since launch not that it needs to, Federation players can level to admiral reasonably easily without grinding the same set of repeatables.

the KDF definatly needs more work, but anyone who claims the KDF has been ignored while attention has been lavished on the federation is ignoreing the facts. the bulk of the new content of late has been featured episodes that are shared.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
actually I'd disagree with that, the federation's conent is, MOSTLY unchanged from launch, the number of episodes avaliable to the federation has not changed much since launch not that it needs to, Federation players can level to admiral reasonably easily without grinding the same set of repeatables.

the KDF definatly needs more work, but anyone who claims the KDF has been ignored while attention has been lavished on the federation is ignoreing the facts. the bulk of the new content of late has been featured episodes that are shared.
Perhaps my numbers are mistaken. To be perfectly honest, I'm working mostly off of impressions I have of leveling my first Federation character way back during launch, failing to level my first Klingon character way back during launch, and the current Federation and Klingon characters I'm leveling. It feels like there is as much for my current Klingon to do as there was for my first Starfleet captain.

The point here is the same, I could see people making the argument to scrap the Klingon faction after launch. Why, when it's finally getting to the point where leveling a Klingon is bearable, would you want the faction scrapped?
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-03-2011, 02:15 PM
"They've got us surrounded again, the poor *******s"-Creighton W. Abrams, Jr 1943
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Never surrender! While there is breath left in klingon lungs, and klingon hearts still beat let them have the blade in their hands. Death before dishonor!