Lt. Commander
# 11
08-18-2011, 04:20 AM
I have been playing for 1 day and am already a Lieutenant, is that right? Was only an Ensign for a few missions...
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-18-2011, 04:42 AM
Personally I levelled up quickly by doing the following:
  1. Do all the Breen, Devidian, and Romulan featured series as well as the dailies they provide (such as Aid the Deferi), along with a defend X sector block that gave good XP. However *do not* turn the missions in once complete.
  2. Buy a 1 Hour 20% EXP boost
  3. Use the EXP boost, then turn the missions in.
  4. Rinse and repeat.

Each time you do that, you'll gain 4 to 5 levels. Perhaps more. I know just doing the Breen missions, the Deferi daily, "Skirmish" and "Spin the Wheel" will easily net you 2 and a half levels.

Alternatively if you have less time, keep redoing the missions "Spin the Wheel", "Cold Comfort" and "Cold Case". Cold Case is the only one with combat in it (and its minimal), and the others can easily be done in 5 minutes. Lots of EXP with minimal effort.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-18-2011, 06:45 AM
I've been doing the Patrol missions lately, as those have netted me more than I expected in XP. I'm Commander 9 now, so close to Captain (I don't have much time to play, maybe an hour a day if that)... My girlfriend is out of town until Sunday, so I think instead of blowing money at a bar after work I'll get to Captain and then finally work on my crafting Thanks everybody.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnksgb View Post
I have been playing for 1 day and am already a Lieutenant, is that right? Was only an Ensign for a few missions...
Being an ensign is only for the tutorial levels.... when you hit lieutenant thats when the proper game begins !
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-18-2011, 08:35 AM
The commander missions are lacking in a lot of content. They are good, but there is only a few of them. Cmd to Captain is a grind, but I just play through cloaked intentions and the breen epsiodes a few times. (Not a big fan of the dividans)
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
The commander missions are lacking in a lot of content. They are good, but there is only a few of them. Cmd to Captain is a grind, but I just play through cloaked intentions and the breen epsiodes a few times. (Not a big fan of the dividans)
Yeah. I finally hit Captain last night after 3 hours of grinding from Commander 8, doing patrol missions.

Just glad to finally have my sexy defiant. Now I'm just waiting for all my auctions on the exchange to go through so I can trick her out
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
...you have Doomsday coming up at Lt Cmdr 6...
not to be rude but i did it at lt commander 4

and to the op im lt commander 5 and its been going pretty fast idk what to tell you
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-19-2011, 09:26 AM
I am currently commander 2 and have not had any issues. I did each mission given to me, the patrols given, and 1 series of exploration. I also did the Reman feature episode so far. I am saving the Deferi for Admiral and the Dividians for Captain. I have not hit any leveling droughts nor have I had to do any mission above my level.