Lt. Commander
# 11
08-03-2011, 04:26 AM
It would be cool to see them in a featured episode series...

I think it'd be nice if they eventually had a series where other people are travelling to our time instead of US traveling to their's..
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShip
i agree with yah the new enterprise is totally stupid looking, it would have made more since to make the new enterprise a vesta class!
I said J, not F; I have no issue with the new ship, though it will take a while for my brain to say "oh, look, it's the Enterprise". The Enterprise-J was from a single episode of Enterprise (whose canonicity I deem slim at best, but survey says, it's Trek), and is from the mid-26th century, about a hundred and fifty years in the future from STO. There are so many damn ships named Enterprise, gotta keep an eye on them letters.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-03-2011, 09:51 AM
well i just realized one thing! Theirs no way any future ships could come back to the period sto takes place in because in the early 25th century the temporal disruption satellite grid comes online! Which was discussed in the star trek book on the department of temporal investigations. So the only time travel that by the lore should be possible now is travel into the past. Since the grid will allow objects from the 25th century to be able to come back to the 25th century but as far as i know in less your from a time after the 25th century theirs no way you can travel anywhere but backwards from your time period!
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
well i just realized one thing! Theirs no way any future ships could come back to the period sto takes place in because in the early 25th century the temporal disruption satellite grid comes online! Which was discussed in the star trek book on the department of temporal investigations. So the only time travel that by the lore should be possible now is travel into the past. Since the grid will allow objects from the 25th century to be able to come back to the 25th century but as far as i know in less your from a time after the 25th century theirs no way you can travel anywhere but backwards from your time period!
So what you're saying is that 29th Century ship like the Wells could only travel backwards to, lets say, 2409, but because of this 'temporal disruption satellite' would not be able to return to its original time?

How does this stop the Wells from being refit and brought into the game?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
i would love too see the aeon and wells class star ships become available in sto! Im not sure how they could be completely utilized. They could be some sort of reward from a mission arc involving time travel to the 29th centry? I just really like the designs and would love to be able to fly my own wells or aeon class starship!
Having a standalone mission or an arc that deals with the 29th century is a cool idea, but I don't believe we have any plans to create playable 29th century time ships in STO. Seems like there'd be quite an advantage for the captain of those ships. If you're losing an engagement, you could just go back in time and warn yourself or grandfather paradox your enemy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
Having a standalone mission or an arc that deals with the 29th century is a cool idea, but I don't believe we have any plans to create playable 29th century time ships in STO. Seems like there'd be quite an advantage for the captain of those ships. If you're losing an engagement, you could just go back in time and warn yourself or grandfather paradox your enemy.
you and your darn anti time paradoxes.

*shakes first*
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Easy answer, NO.
Check and mate.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
So what you're saying is that 29th Century ship like the Wells could only travel backwards to, lets say, 2409, but because of this 'temporal disruption satellite' would not be able to return to its original time?

How does this stop the Wells from being refit and brought into the game?
no a ship from the 29th century can travel back to 24th century but can only go back to the same point in time in the 29th century they left. for example a ship from the 29th century can not travel to the 31st or 26th century. The century, time and place their trying to goto after the temporal disruption satellites are in place has to have the same quantum signature as the crew and ship trying to travel their. towards the end of the 24th century the temporal satellite disruption network starts to come online so thats the last point some one from the future can travel back too
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nnnnnnoooooooooooo
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
i would love too see the aeon and wells class star ships become available in sto! Im not sure how they could be completely utilized. They could be some sort of reward from a mission arc involving time travel to the 29th centry? I just really like the designs and would love to be able to fly my own wells or aeon class starship!
Given the Cryptic Devs did want to introduce the Class ship that became the 1701-J in game, and CBS cme back with a flat "No. Too far in the future..." (Although that's where the "Design the Next Enterprise" contest came rfrom as CBS also said, "Let's hold a contest for fans to design the 1701-F...")

I doubt they'd suddenly allow 29th century timeships as player ships in STO. That said, the Devs could always do an FE series involving time travel and have these ships make an appearence; but if you want these as player available ships; I doubt CBS will give the okay.