# 51
08-10-2011, 10:08 AM
^^^^^Listen to the Mustrum^^^^^His wisdom is sound^^^^^

*Invokes the power of the Hypno Toad*

@_@
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-11-2011, 04:33 AM
I'm not thrilled about this either and balance concerns aside, I think it sets a very bad precedent. As was discussed on STOked (I do enjoy their show) Cryptic is essentially going to keep pumping out stuff for the C-Store (e.g. ships with special consoles) for the sole purpose of generating revenue. In fact when asked about the extra sci Boff ability on the RI, Al said that they want the C-Store ships to be better ships in order to entice players to buy them so Cryptic can make more money! Is this the kind of game we want to play?
Lt. Commander
# 53
08-11-2011, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
I'Is this the kind of game we want to play?
Nope. Hence me posting a lot on the topic. But I am pessimistic ATM that we can change this.
More people giving feedback rather than always the same 4-5 guys would be good.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Nope. Hence me posting a lot on the topic. But I am pessimistic ATM that we can change this.
More people giving feedback rather than always the same 4-5 guys would be good.
I agree. And I am growing very pessimistic myself. Frankly I'm just about all out of faith.
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
In fact when asked about the extra sci Boff ability on the RI, Al said that they want the C-Store ships to be better ships in order to entice players to buy them so Cryptic can make more money! Is this the kind of game we want to play?
I have to be honest and admit that I have not yet been on Tribble to test the new RI and its console personally yet but that quote above frightens me. It is essentially pay to win and that is a VERY BAD thing for any game to do.

I'm sure some time back, when STO was fresh and new, one of the senior devs (maybe even our Mr Sthal, or his predecessor) said that the C-Store would not be for game / balance changing things, I guess they've given up on that promise, like so many others it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Well they sure are taking their sweet time releasing it, maybe, just maybe they are doing some rigorous testing.....?

Nah, what am I saying, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 57
08-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
Well they sure are taking their sweet time releasing it, maybe, just maybe they are doing some rigorous testing.....?

Nah, what am I saying, lol.
More likely they're just doing stuff with the ship windows to make them 'accurate'.
Lt. Commander
# 58 Not surprised...
08-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Well what did you guys expect? The world economy is bad and everyone is starting to nickel and dime in order to stay in buisness. The exact reason the ship is more powerful the RA for example is because it is designed to entice players to pay outta there wallet. Pay to win is starting to become the new fail trend in the MMO industry. This game will more than likely in the next year or so be free and most of the content involded will have to be bought in order for Cryptic to stay in buisness. This is exactly why you do not release products that are not finished. Look at the current result. 18 months and still very little content, balance issues, exploit issues, the list goes on. I haven't played this game seriously in over 9 months and why should I? There is nothing to do really. I really think this game should have come out in 2014 or 2015. But the problem is the MMO industry really is doing everything possible to get that dollar no matter what. If that means realising an unfinished product then expect the game to be in the current state for a VERY long time. The faster people stop pretending that the game is going to be better in the next few weeks the better they are off. I've been playing MMO's for over 15 years. I spotted all these problems going to happen a year ago. I see the patterns. I see the exact problems not with just this game but many other unfinished products. It's sad to say but STO has many years of catch up to do. But like I said....what did you guys expect?