Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 1 deleted
08-02-2011, 02:34 PM
i moved this question to a different forum
Lt. Commander
i just returned to the game after a long break. i played sto for 2-3 months after release then quit.
i only play a KDF guy (brigadier general 5 in a negh“var heavy cruiser) and i play space pvp only.
back in the days i completely leveled up by space pvp, as i have no interest in ground pvp or pve in any form.
i remember that back int he day i could pvp around the clock, queue times were only a few secs to mins ususally.
now i reactived my account yesterday and tried to join space pvp queues today and yesterday and the queue times seem to be at least 20 mins. thats totally unacceptable for me. i actually got into 1 space pvp fight in a matter of 2 days before giving up.
now i realize that the rush for the game is long gone, but i hoped there were at least some ppl still interested in space pvp.
i have read nothing about the game in the past year, so it might be my level/shipclass, which was high end back in the day is maybe just middle ground today and i gotta reach the level/shipclass cap again to be in a bracket where everyone queues for pvp ?
or is the game just dead space pvp wise ?

PS: i need to add that im from europe, so it might be a time zone issue. i just remember that it was no issue after release, there were space pvp queues 24/7
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-02-2011, 02:52 PM
First off, are you still playing your "at cap" toon? The queues are weakest in the mid-range from LtCmdr. through Captain.

Second, PvP has taken a sizable hit after months of bugged items, overpowered abilities and the long-standing carrier/mine/fighter spam. That's in addition to the year+ (and growing) gap since the last PvP mission was added.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-02-2011, 02:56 PM
LtGen queues, while not popping every few seconds, seem to be every few minutes. The RA/BG/MG levels have been really slow lately for me though. I actually fought in about five space pvp matches last night at the RA level and was extremely surprised. It was mostly the same people involved over and over, but it was a nice surprise for it to consistently pop.

Queues popping is really luck of the draw. Some nights it's consistent, others it's a struggle.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-02-2011, 03:01 PM
yes i still play my old toon. earlier today i also made a new KDF toon just to check out the queue times in the low bracket. i also waited about 20 mins for a match to pop then gave up.

you have to excuse me but i completely forgot everything about the ranks, and if they added ranks after i left i dont know these too.
so brigadier general 5 is not "cap" anymore but more middle ground ? i thought BG5 was above captain, but its been so long. back in the days i was basically at the cap bracket with a negh“var, i just remember that. i dont even think the captains rank played a role in the match finder, it was basically just ship class. and negh“var was the biggest ship available together with the fairly broken carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Welcome back into the game man. Right now you'll have to PvE in order to level to max at a reasonable pace (especially with creating a new toon). You might get away with pvp'ing on your current BG guy, but you'll have to be patient.

This isn't the PvP game you used to know. Different powers have changed (VM, RSP, Tac Team, etc.). RSP is just an emergency move now, and Tac Team is absolutely vital as a defensive power.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic_X View Post
yes i still play my old toon. earlier today i also made a new KDF toon just to check out the queue times in the low bracket. i also waited about 20 mins for a match to pop then gave up.

you have to excuse me but i completely forgot everything about the ranks, and if they added ranks after i left i dont know these too.
so brigadier general 5 is not "cap" anymore but more middle ground ? i thought BG5 was above captain, but its been so long. back in the days i was basically at the cap bracket with a negh“var, i just remember that. i dont even think the captains rank played a role in the match finder, it was basically just ship class. and negh“var was the biggest ship available together with the fairly broken carrier.
The new cap is at LG1--the queues should pick up again when you reach cap (level 51, not 45 anymore).

Be aware of how much is broken in PvP though--and that my criticisms of PvP are on the light side. Some people simply stopped playing PvP due to issues.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-02-2011, 03:26 PM
well "high level" pvp was allready kinda broken back in the day. it was RSP all over the place as godmode skill and it got old pretty quick. thats why i left 2 or 3 months after release.

i remember my best days in a t1-t2 BoP. not too many skills to take care off and pure pew pew space action. unfortunately the pvp queues seem to be empty for my just newly created test KDF guy too. so no t1 BoP fun for me

im a pvp only guy, no interest in pve at all (thats why i played KDF back in the days as they had absolutely no/zero/nada pve content back then, completely my cup of tea). i dont feel like leveling to cap level by doing pve just to be able to get somewhat acceptable queue times.

so i guess ill take my hat and move on. at least i supported cryptic with another monthly fee to check out the game

if the game ever goes F2P i will come back and enjoy taking advantage of the new player influx.

thanks guys for the quick replys and the clarification !
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Good luck in everything, hopefully cryptic turns the ship around
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic_X View Post
well "high level" pvp was allready kinda broken back in the day. it was RSP all over the place as godmode skill and it got old pretty quick. thats why i left 2 or 3 months after release.

i remember my best days in a t1-t2 BoP. not too many skills to take care off and pure pew pew space action. unfortunately the pvp queues seem to be empty for my just newly created test KDF guy too. so no t1 BoP fun for me

im a pvp only guy, no interest in pve at all (thats why i played KDF back in the days as they had absolutely no/zero/nada pve content back then, completely my cup of tea). i dont feel like leveling to cap level by doing pve just to be able to get somewhat acceptable queue times.

so i guess ill take my hat and move on. at least i supported cryptic with another monthly fee to check out the game

if the game ever goes F2P i will come back and enjoy taking advantage of the new player influx.

thanks guys for the quick replys and the clarification !
New PvP is en-route but the details are slim-to-none:
  • Open PvP in New Borg Invasion Zone
  • "King of the Hill"-style Ground map in next Featured Series
  • Open PvP Freighter Raids
  • PvP maps based off favorite Featured Series Maps (i.e. Shuttle PvP in Vault).
  • Open PvP Melee Arenas on major planets (Qo'nos, Vulcan, Andoria, etc.)

They fixed the RSP issue. It's been nerfed but still has a function in some builds.