Lt. Commander
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Thursday, August 4th from 3:00AM to 5:00AM PDT (1000 to 1200 UTC) in order to perform maintenance. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed. Thank you for your patience.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-03-2011, 07:37 PM
I hope this fixes the wierd issue with Ker'rat Zone #10 and it's Borg that warps in repeatedly.. (mostly Cubes) :p
Lt. Commander
Most likely to transfer everything officially from the Atari servers to the Perfect World Servers, since it appears that the sale has finalized this week.

And if all goes well with the transfer this week all the new content that was put on hold so that Atari would not profit from it should be released.

Cryptic Studios has already started hiring today!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla
Most likely to transfer everything officially from the Atari servers to the Perfect World Servers, since it appears that the sale has finalized this week.
Pretty sure Cryptic has their own servers and/or hosting arrangements. I very much doubt there's a transfer involved. I further doubt that such a transfer could occur in two hours.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla

And if all goes well with the transfer this week all the new content that was put on hold so that Atari would not profit from it should be released.

Cryptic Studios has already started hiring today!!!!!
Hopefully cause I really really hate Atari just hope I dont lose my points i bought through the STO Site
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
If such a transfer is taking place, I hope we get a heads up so those of us who purchased Atari Points to buy STO stuff can spend them before they're worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
Pretty sure Cryptic has their own servers and/or hosting arrangements. I very much doubt there's a transfer involved. I further doubt that such a transfer could occur in two hours.
Of corse it can happen in two hours, 98% of the work to migrate to a new host would happen over a corse of a few months without bringing down holodeck. end users wouldn't even know or see what is happening on the backend.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
If such a transfer is taking place, I hope we get a heads up so those of us who purchased Atari Points to buy STO stuff can spend them before they're worthless.
You really think we are going to be screwed outta our points huh ?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
You really think we are going to be screwed outta our points huh ?
I don't. Would never happen in a million years.

But, ragers gotta rage.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaFly1983 View Post
Of corse it can happen in two hours, 98% of the work to migrate to a new host would happen over a corse of a few months without bringing down holodeck. end users wouldn't even know or see what is happening on the backend.
No work would occur on any PW servers until the deal is completed.

But as I said before, I am certain Cryptic has its own servers. Moving just because of an ownership change makes little or no sense, at least in the short term.

*IF* Perfect World had a large amount of spare capacity and wanted to leverage that to save costs, it's unlikely they'd even start on such a thing until AFTER the sale closed. Normally you do NOT interact much with your new owner until everything is official.
Closed Thread