Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Well fellas,

I have to say, I don't see this war as a winner. Honor and all that I think will have to give way to reality, and that reality is that while the Empire has the greatest and strongest warriors, it appears that we have... Few players, and no content.

We wont get any content because we don't have any players, an evil little catch 22. Especially since season 4 turned out to have nothing to change that. Does anyone see that changing soon?

Maybe we should let this war drop and just let the devs make all or most of the content cross faction, with cross faction teaming and the usual stuff. Pvp as it is, is just instances anyway with no meaning or consequences anyway - leave it as it is but let us access all the content as allies of the federation.

Yeah it kind of sucks, but I don't see the devs doing anything better anytime soon...

What do you guys think?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-01-2011, 11:32 PM
I think we've done all we could to persuade them the importance of the faction(IE: by so many of us leaving and only playing Fed). Nothing else is going to change their directive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Well part of the problem is that player clammor for new content and honestly playing klingon would be alot of new content to play and add replayability but very few people do because leveling klingons is already an evil grind because they have no content.

In the end i think that neglecting klingon content is like a minor issue that will compound itself over time and end up being a really huge problem in the future. Considering that within the next 6 months you will have another mmo released involving another sci-fi franchise cryptic's focus on feeding the feds will be the the descision that killed sto.

Players also bear some responsibility in this as well with so many asking/demanding minor cosmectic changes take cryptic focus away from key gameplay shortcommings. we do tend to ask for rather frivilous things to feed our hunger for content instead of getting together and asking for things that benefit all players and both factions like more stf's and more fe's.

The next 6-8 months will determine if we have anything to complain about though looking ahead we may not have this game at all if things keep going the way they have.

The best advice i can give cryptic for the future is this: Cancel anything your working on that is not a STF or FE you really need to stop spending critical man hours on 1 dimensional upgrades and get the content to a point where if i sat down in front of my pc and decided to play through all FE's and STF's it would take months you really need to get this done TICK TOCK.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-02-2011, 01:30 AM
I hope Cryptic will face the hard reality of competition when the other game is released and I hope that the decision to neglect the KDF in favour of C-Store, Fed and cosmetic stuff will come back to haunt them full strength. The time is running out for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-02-2011, 12:45 PM
There's not much competition really, aside that both games share the genre of science fiction, although you could argue that sw is much more science fantasy but whatever that's just semantics.

Swtor is mostly a ground game, the space combat will be fairly limited to little more then prescripted "rail shooter" scenarios until they can overhaul it with a much more robust system, whenever they can spare the resources for that...probably the first expansion, JTL2 in a sense.

The foundry can make up for the lack thereof of content a bit, but its still limited in its storytelling aspects a bit, cut scene generator etc, if we were to setup some coopted writing teams with some foundry builders then we could maybe crankout missions in a much more fluid and connected manner but the problem there is shoehorning all the net ideas into the constraints of the foundryl whenever thts back online.

Id. Say more fleet actions and story episodes, and revert tthe pvp kill counts and xp to their launch values.

Give some story to the redspace, which is what they've wanted since day 1 and have hardly received.

I leveled this character to bg off of pvp back in feb/mar 10, after maxing my first fed.

Back then it was very viable because the killcounts were low, the xp rewrd decent (125 to 200 I think) and full queues on both sides because it was almost as fast as grinding dse's.

Now the main methods are the few missions, blitzing the foundry, the featured episodes to infinity, the exploration clusters, and slow pvp queues.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Have we lost territory? no
Have we gained a foothold into other regions of space? yes
Do we raid more freighters/resources than starfleet? we have the only official raid mission, so yes
Have we made direct strike into the heart of their territory? there is a mission to attack the shipyards on mars

So how are we losing? The feds have prettier locations and more sector space, but they're spread out. They try diplomacy first before attacking. By the time they fully throw themselves into the same scale of warfare as during the dominion war, we will have hundreds of their systems conquered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsadoom View Post
Well fellas,

I have to say, I don't see this war as a winner. Honor and all that I think will have to give way to reality, and that reality is that while the Empire has the greatest and strongest warriors, it appears that we have... Few players, and no content.

We wont get any content because we don't have any players, an evil little catch 22. Especially since season 4 turned out to have nothing to change that. Does anyone see that changing soon?

Maybe we should let this war drop and just let the devs make all or most of the content cross faction, with cross faction teaming and the usual stuff. Pvp as it is, is just instances anyway with no meaning or consequences anyway - leave it as it is but let us access all the content as allies of the federation.

Yeah it kind of sucks, but I don't see the devs doing anything better anytime soon...

What do you guys think?
Well, as a person who's had the discussion of faction unification a few times let me tell you the usual answers I get against the idea of faction merging.

1. People paid for a two faction game. People will be even more ****ed than they are now if they lose that.

2. KDF players have about as much as the Federation had at start, in terms of ships and content. Someone choosing to play the KDF can do it and level reasonably well by repeating sorties, the three featured episodes, exploration, defense of the Empire and the 5 Klingon exclusive mission chains currently in game.

3. Many Federation and a couple of KDF missions would have to be retooled significantly if the factions merged, this could end up being as much work as producing 3 to 5 Klingon exclusive missions, and if you're going to put that much work into it anyway...

4. Shared STF's do not require the merging of factions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo80 View Post
Have we lost territory? no
Have we gained a foothold into other regions of space? yes
Do we raid more freighters/resources than starfleet? we have the only official raid mission, so yes
Have we made direct strike into the heart of their territory? there is a mission to attack the shipyards on mars

So how are we losing? The feds have prettier locations and more sector space, but they're spread out. They try diplomacy first before attacking. By the time they fully throw themselves into the same scale of warfare as during the dominion war, we will have hundreds of their systems conquered.
Speaking of which. Aside from Pi Canis has any warrior been able to raid a single colony or convoy? Tuesday? Must be as I have swept each and every new sector looking for one of these open pvp raid scenarios.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-02-2011, 02:18 PM
It does look bleak for the KDF. I do think the lack of content for the KFD is going to have some serious blow back on the future of this game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
Well, as a person who's had the discussion of faction unification a few times let me tell you the usual answers I get against the idea of faction merging.

1. People paid for a two faction game. People will be even more ****ed than they are now if they lose that.

2. KDF players have about as much as the Federation had at start, in terms of ships and content. Someone choosing to play the KDF can do it and level reasonably well by repeating sorties, the three featured episodes, exploration, defense of the Empire and the 5 Klingon exclusive mission chains currently in game.

3. Many Federation and a couple of KDF missions would have to be retooled significantly if the factions merged, this could end up being as much work as producing 3 to 5 Klingon exclusive missions, and if you're going to put that much work into it anyway...

4. Shared STF's do not require the merging of factions.
to counteract your number 2 point i must say that the federation faction had more than 8 missions at launch. point 1,3, and 4 are completely valid though. also, i think the ship count is right, I also do know that the federation had more uniform options at launch then KDF does now. again, 1 3 and 4 are valid points, number 2 is incorrect however.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:17 AM.