Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
08-04-2011, 02:24 AM
I say go engineer! Until you get a (good) grip of STO PvP, it'll be really hard staying alive. Engineers have a few very nifty tricks up their sleeves, that makes them tough to kill regardless of ship type.

If you want to combine survivability with damage, do Engi in Escort.


btw: welcome to the party!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
08-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
I say go engineer! Until you get a (good) grip of STO PvP, it'll be really hard staying alive. Engineers have a few very nifty tricks up their sleeves, that makes them tough to kill regardless of ship type.

If you want to combine survivability with damage, do Engi in Escort.
I second this. Not only will it make your experience of STO PvP smoother, but you'll find yourself quickly vapourising NPC ships.

I'd also suggest you play as an alien with the following traits:-
Efficient
Accurate
Elusive
Techie
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
08-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Yea, most of my toons are aliens
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
08-05-2011, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
And I thought my 7 toons was excessive
Only 7?

I've got 7 science characters, 6 engineering characters and 5 tactical characters.

...Although, only 4 of those are top-level, lol.

And for the OP, I recommend science! I've turned out best in PVP playing as a science captain.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
08-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I recommend leveling a cruiser toon first, as it is the easiest to be survivable in, then move to the Escort on your second toon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
08-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I recommend leveling a cruiser toon first, as it is the easiest to be survivable in, then move to the Escort on your second toon.
One word of caution when playing a cruiser toon. Do NOT become a zombie cruiser in PvP. Throw engineering teams and aux to sif + whatever else you have on ppl needing support.

PvP game = team game first and foremost. If you heal that escort and throw him your emergency power transfer, he might just thank you by slaughtering every opposing ship in the vicinity.

PvP game is NOT a place to be a james kirk and fly solo. You're not protected by plot line immunity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
08-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
One word of caution when playing a cruiser toon. Do NOT become a zombie cruiser in PvP.
Is it ok to be a Zombie Cruiser and heal your team at the same time?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
08-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NohMalkiri
Is it ok to be a Zombie Cruiser and heal your team at the same time?
nah man, zombie cruisers are the ones who only care about themselves. Good cruiser pilots keep watch over the enemy AND his teammates.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
08-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
nah man, zombie cruisers are the ones who only care about themselves. Good cruiser pilots keep watch over the enemy AND his teammates.
I meant I can do both... You know this
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
08-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I think the clarification was that the term zombie is for the self centered ones. If you can take care of yourself while looking out for others then that makes you a good one.

Even Wishstone would agree, zombies are bad, mmkay.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 PM.