Lt. Commander
# 31
08-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
This particular request is going to keep coming up over and over again until They either finally put a T-5 into the game, or everybody that loves that particular design and wants to use it through more of the game...,

...Dies.
*sharpens Bat'leth* I know which option I prefer.

Seriously though, it's been said before. "No."
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
the last one was closed by wishy with a "I'ts not going to happen" comment.
That person is not a developer.

That's like Stormshade telling us the Gorn weren't going to be revamped.

Or Gozer telling us how to fill out a GM ticket.

Lt. Commander
# 33
08-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Yeah, but keep in mind that is the exact same reason that the excelsior got used so much in the shows. Budgetary constraints and the model was already done and available.

So you know the entire debate about how the excelsior was shown to be in continual use? Real life reason was the same reason for the Constitution showing up in the wreckage of Wolf 359. And is the same real life reason so much footage and models and what not got reused so often. TV show with a small budget.
Bingo.. that is what it comes down to. You have a perfectly good ship model. ( Excelsior, Miranda and Orbeth come to mind ) So you use it. I do find it interesting they didn't reuse the old Conny model more, but then again that was most likely due to the fact that they wanted to keep fans focused on the new Galaxy instead of the nice sexy Constitution.

Anyway I agree with chum on this one. The whole debate ( I wasn't debating. I was just pointing out some awesome star trek nerdieness, and thinking of a comedic fan fic idea ) is really pointless. because when it comes do what they are willing to use any ship as a prop. I mean.. we had a Nova, Prometheus, and even a Dauntless class ( not even federation XD ) at the Battle of Procyon V
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Unless you can provide a link to the forum thread that mentions CBS saying these exact words, please refrain from acting like a administrator. Thanks.
you answer was already provided. may ask cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
you answer was already provided. may ask cryptic
That wasn't a definitive "no" answer though.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I think at VA we should get a hologram projector console that will make a Tier 5 ship look like any other lower tiered ship you own.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
*facepalms*
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
*facepalms*
It's really a pretty simple thing, and will explain why these threads aren't going to die ...

People want it. And will keep asking for it. And if enough people keep asking for it ... then whatever arbitrary (and completely illogical roadblock) currently exists preventing it from happening will crumble. Why? Because of the potential money there is to be made on the idea.

Remember that letter writing campaign from the fans of the original series that saved it from being killed?

Same kind of concept at work here. If enough people keep letting CBS, Cryptic and whoever, know that they are willing to pay 1,200 to 2,000 tokens for this ship ... eventually the math will win out.

Business is business.

What's particularly vexing is why certain employees waste their own time trying to shut the conversation down. It's not going away. An idea like that can't be killed. Just merge it all in one thread or whatever and let people who want it keep asking for it. It's feedback, after all. The very definition of why the forum exists in the first place. Customers are trying to tell the company about a feature they want, and want to pay for.
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-03-2011, 12:06 PM
/popcorn

I have high hopes for this thread
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
And then Dan said in an interview the answer was no, and most recently CapnLogan said in an interview the answer was no, and while Wishy may not be a dev...she is the community rep, she can always ask them. The answer has been given many many times by several people that work for Cryptic. The answer is no.
Closed Thread