Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
08-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
And then Dan said in an interview the answer was no, and most recently CapnLogan said in an interview the answer was no, and while Wishy may not be a dev...she is the community rep, she can always ask them. The answer has been given many many times by several people that work for Cryptic. The answer is no.
Every thread on this subject has been closed. Doesn't that kinda tell you something? Give it a rest after over a year I'd think this would be obvious as a "NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" type thing...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
08-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Every thread on this subject has been closed. Doesn't that kinda tell you something? Give it a rest after over a year I'd think this would be obvious as a "NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" type thing...
Ummm...I'm pointing out the answer is no, and stated as such many times...so you proceed to tell me to give it a rest, because the answer is...no? I'm confused? Did you actually read what said, or have trouble understanding it? Do I need to let you borrow my glasses?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
08-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
And then Dan said in an interview the answer was no, and most recently CapnLogan said in an interview the answer was no, and while Wishy may not be a dev...she is the community rep, she can always ask them. The answer has been given many many times by several people that work for Cryptic. The answer is no.
The answer is highly unlikely, until we change their minds. We change their minds by continuing to offer feedback on the topic.

It's a popular request. People want these types of things.

And there's been no real logical reason offered for why this thing can't happen. And people want it in the c-store where all kinds of canon-bending craziness already exists.

And so, people will definitely keep asking for it and offering feedback on why they want it and why they think it's an exceptional idea that will add a lot of value and fun to their gameplay experience.

/moar feedback
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
08-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Ummm...I'm pointing out the answer is no, and stated as such many times...so you proceed to tell me to give it a rest, because the answer is...no? I'm confused? Did you actually read what said, or have trouble understanding it? Do I need to let you borrow my glasses?
That particular poster either quoted the wrong person (you) or has me on ignore and so quoted the wrong person (you).

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
08-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The answer is highly unlikely, until we change their minds. We change their minds by continuing to offer feedback on the topic.

It's a popular request. People want these types of things.

And there's been no real logical reason offered for why this thing can't happen. And people want it in the c-store where all kinds of canon-bending craziness already exists.

And so, people will definitely keep asking for it and offering feedback on why they want it and why they think it's an exceptional idea that will add a lot of value and fun to their gameplay experience.

/moar feedback
The Devs say no, and you read highly unlikely....

I'm requesting this thread be closed, it's already turning into another gong show.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
08-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
The Devs say no, and you read highly unlikely....
The Ask Cryptic said "highly unlikely." That's a direct quote. So yes, I read highly unlikely. Because that's what was written in the quote given.


Quote:
I'm requesting this thread be closed, it's already turning into another gong show.
It's not a gong show. There's actual discussion going on. No one's arguing. Or flaming.

Shutting down discussion has happened way too much around here lately. It defeats the purpose of the forums. All that's being done here is feedback is being given. Why so aggressive regarding feedback you don't particularly like?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
08-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Why so aggressive regarding feedback you don't particularly like?
Simply because he doesn't like the feedback.

Easier to call the thread a gong show and ask for it to be closed than to participate in a constructive manner I suppose.

Personally, I think you are right - eventually the $$ will win the day. Can't imagine they won't find a way to collect all the C-store cash that would be available by adding in pay-for T5 ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
08-03-2011, 02:05 PM
And apparently none of you were around 3 months ago when every third thread was a T5 connie thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
08-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
That particular poster either quoted the wrong person (you) or has me on ignore and so quoted the wrong person (you).

First one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
08-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
And apparently none of you were around 3 months ago when every third thread was a T5 connie thread.
Yeah. I was. That's not really that big a deal. The forums and its topics go in cycles. I was here on day 45 when every third thread was a KDF thread. It hasn't stopped the discussion about KDF and KDF development (or lack of development).

If it's what people want to talk about, they'll talk about it. Shutting it down isn't going to make the feedback go away or kill the idea.

My suggestion for those who want to see threads like this die? Do not post in them. Lack of activity sinks threads naturally. It will also help keep the threads on this topic that do stick around a bit more flame-free, and way more focused on just feedback.

To get this post itself back on topic ...

There have been many suggestions made. One of the most basic is to release a T5 NX or T5 Constitution Class ship "variant" to the C-Store just like the developers did with the Excelsior.

The Excelsior tends to be the most oft-chosen point of support for such an idea as it is an anachronism. A dated ship that really seems out of place next to something like a Nomad or an Avenger class cruiser.

Other ideas include revamping the ship system to get rid of tiers and set it up so people can level their ship with them as they level. This idea is popular with people who like MMORPGs and the entire levelilng process as it lets them feel closer to their ship since it sticks with them the entire time.

Allow crafting to help people create variants of ships and upgrade ships that way. This idea is popular with people who want crafting to mean more. It's one big positive is that it uses a system already in the game and deepens the gameplay experience that way. It also has some of the basic groundwork already in place when you note that they put in the delta flyer crafting mission.

Anyone else have any other of the very popular ideas for ways to make lower tier ships available at the end-game?

This goes beyond just the Constitution. It includes the Nova and Akira, both ships that are very popular and are often asked for at higher levels.

In fact, the "episode canon" for the Nova and Akira support those ships at the final tier very much since the Nova was seen in future scenes in Enterprise, and the Akira fought borg ships in First Contact.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 PM.