Go Back   Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
the Question i have, has been bugging me ever since Foundry came out. i had't brothered with it and did avoided it like a plague. so right now i'm letting it out in Open and ask the Community and Devs about it.
the Question is: "Can Cryptic Studios Hire "Amazing" or "Great" or "Good" or "Cool" Foundry Creators as a Stand-in Content Makers" (wished the Title could go longer) basically, it means that any Content you made which ties into the Today's future of STO would be a.. how do you say it.. "Add-on Content" that is made Official part of STO's 2409 Storyline, etc etc. and that same goes for KDF Faction that's in need of really good Missions to go through, and make few a Official part of KDF Missions to just to level out the Lack of Content, Missions and other more etc for KDF Faction. sure i'm FED player, but i understand KDF. i also have KDF character here too. what i'm proposing is that each Faction would be Benefit from this. as Foundry Creators, you guys can make Missions. but also here are ships, interiors, characters, planets, systems and many more you can make. so what i'm saying, is to create those that's Specific for the Faction of your choice you wish to make for. for example, make a new System that can be part of STO Universe, make the Universe grow, grow larger, larger as if STO Universe was actually infinite. and to Make the new Alien Species you have never seen before, would they be friendly or hostile? it's up to you find out. etc etc and stuff. now, those things are what made Star Trek Popular. as i'll say it again...

"Space... the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship [Ship Name]. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."

now, that sounded good if it was your ship's name in that lol. but this one belongs to Enterprise

so.. what do you guys think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-03-2011, 09:21 AM
if they can hire "amazing" what do they want to hire great good and cool for ? :O

be easier just to ask the mission maker "oi your mission amazing can we r stealz and make more epic ?"
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Superlink1, this game is primarily geared toward English speaking people and you do not have anywhere close to the language skills necessary to function as an actual content developer. You wouldn't be capable of generating adequate mission text, not in the English language anyway. Perhaps you could manage it in your native tongue, but I have serious doubts that they're going to hire a translator for you.

Of course, some rules of grammar are nearly universal, and you don't seem to manage those either and you'd still need to be able to work those as a content developer. So I have a feeling that even in your native tongue, or with a translator, that you wouldn't qualify for such a position.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Superlink1, this game is primarily geared toward English speaking people and you do not have anywhere close to the language skills necessary to function as an actual content developer. You wouldn't be capable of generating adequate mission text, not in the English language anyway. Perhaps you could manage it in your native tongue, but I have serious doubts that they're going to hire a translator for you.

Of course, some rules of grammar are nearly universal, and you don't seem to manage those either and you'd still need to be able to work those as a content developer. So I have a feeling that even in your native tongue, or with a translator, that you wouldn't qualify for such a position.
hey.. ease up here bro.
i'm American and i am deaf, i speak with my hands...
i make fun Missions, and some with Epic ends. i'm just being deaf american...
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-03-2011, 09:35 AM
I have always wondered if the Foundry makes it easy enough to make missions that us ordinary players can do it, which they did, there were dozens of Foundry missions up in a very short time, why is it so much more difficult for Cryptic to produce new, "official" missions?
Maybe they should just use the foundry themselves....
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post

I'll bet Gene Roddenberry rolls in his grave when he reads this...
Kind of one sided thinking of you, sir.
Star Trek has global, indeed, universal appeal.
Making a statement like "it's primarily geared" towards any one set of peoples because of the language is just...wrong.
And, as the OP has stated, he does speak English, just not the way you do.
IMOHPO, you owe someone an apology for your borderline racist remarks.
And before you draw another bonehead conclusion, I am American, and speak English, I also know how to sign, having a cousin who is deaf also.
I'm glad all Americans don't share your viewpoints of non-English speaking people.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-03-2011, 09:45 AM
The idea of Cryptic hiring or paying good Foundry content creators has been suggested rather frequently.

Can they? Sure.

Will they? That's doubtful. But maybe one of those people has an amazing resume? Couldn't hurt anyone to try.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
hey.. ease up here bro.
i'm American and i am deaf, i speak with my hands...
i make fun Missions, and some with Epic ends. i'm just being deaf american...
We all speak with our hands on the internet, so that is no excuse for such poor grammar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The idea of Cryptic hiring or paying good Foundry content creators has been suggested rather frequently.

Can they? Sure.

Will they? That's doubtful. But maybe one of those people has an amazing resume? Couldn't hurt anyone to try.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Dan who said that some of the really excellent Foundry authors could be getting a call from Cryptic(and he said this in a podcast, although I dont remember which one). He also encouraged anyone who thought they had talent with the tool to apply.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
We all speak with our hands on the internet, so that is no excuse for such poor grammar.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Dan who said that some of the really excellent Foundry authors could be getting a call from Cryptic(and he said this in a podcast, although I dont remember which one). He also encouraged anyone who thought they had talent with the tool to apply.
that's what Dan did say.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Anyone who's qualified can apply--being qualified and creating good foundry missions aren't necessarily the same thing but they don't preclude one another either.
Closed Thread