Go Back   Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
how do i apply?
http://crypticstudios.com/openings
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i'm very good with content and concept, . i'm just not sure if they would allow more skills in one area
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Most, if not all of these openings are extremely hard to get. These are senior staff positions and require people already introduced to the Gaming Industry. I'm not trying to be the bearer of bad news but if you don't have the appropriate experience or skills necessary for those jobs, it's suffice to say they won't hire you.

A lot of people claim they are great story writers and great artists, or they can make great Foundry missions. That's all well and nice, but do you have the actual tools in game design and development? Without using the Foundry tools, are you familiar with 3D Max/Maya or have programming/animation/high quality art/etc which is needed in the gaming industry? Do you have a degree in any particular field dedicated to the study of gaming or have helped publish other games in the past? Do you have a working portfolio with 3D modeling/textures, program reels, animation cycles, etc? These are serious questions that are looked into when applying for these positions. None of them are entry level.

Of course, you can apply anyway, but the chances of someone with basic skills against someone with an industry-level portfolio to actually get the job are slim to none. And regardless if English is your second language or not, you ARE applying to an English-speaking company and to introduce yourself in writing without any proper grammar or syntax guarantees your resume to be thrown out the window without so much as a glance. That's Job Hunting 101, not bigotry.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
how do i apply?
I think the first quality they want in an employee is the ability to figure out how to apply.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid-Fugazi
I think the first quality they want in an employee is the ability to figure out how to apply.
For the sake of everyone playing this game, I would certainly hope so
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid-Fugazi
Well said.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Comments removed due to a thorough beating on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Avenger
My advice to anyone that wants more content in STO would be to go on the foundry and make a few "amazing" missions.
If this game were F2P that would be a great idea. However, as long as people are paying to play this game then you shouldnt be telling them they need to create their own content. Going 7 months between Featured Series is just plain pathetic no matter how you try to spin it. And breaking the Foundry didnt help.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Quote:
My advice to anyone that wants more content in STO would be to go on the foundry and make a few "amazing" missions.
Or, how about you guys make it like your being paid to do?
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Quote:
My advice to anyone that wants more content in STO would be to go on the foundry and make a few "amazing" missions. Then use those missions as your portfolio, and apply for a content designer position at Cryptic.

Just a suggestion...
How many missions would one need? Would one really good one be enough?
Closed Thread