Lt. Commander
# 11
08-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Spoiler:

I don't know how the other option works, but the Gamma Ray treatment is great. I was flying a LRSV-R with one hull heal and 4 shield heals, and the enemies were dropping Tri-Cobalts. That was interesting!

Neat mission indeed! The start is a little slow, though. Too much running around for no purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I played that mission ages ago, and was very impressed. Much enjoyment!
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Possible Spoilers below, yadda yadda:

Nice to see others have picked up on this mission. One of the best by far.

Sure, it's not original in the grander scheme, but it's something that's never been explored in Trek before (at least to my knowledge.).

The antagonists present a terrifying psychological threat, which I hope the author expands on later. How can anyone trust their actions if there's the possibility of being manipulated at the synaptic level?

The handwaving around the limitations of the Foundry was very well done, and at no point did the drawbacks of the toolkit upset or otherwise interfere with the strength of the story.

And the nicest surprise? Try reading the consoles AFTER the mission's over.

Attention to detail FTW.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Finally finished this yesterday. It was a great mission and showed what this system can do in the right hands. Honestly, I'm impressed with the quality of the missions I've played so far. I'm hoping this trend continues.