Lt. Commander
Would be useful. I want to replace mine with all very rare Boff's which have 2 space and 2 ground abilities, cept I would have to earn it all over again for them.

Also, when I see a Boff, does the boff take all his skill points in his abilties with him/her, so whoever buys them would get them with those abilities?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-04-2011, 02:16 PM
As to the first part, no you can't retrain their traits. That's why people charge an arm, leg and kitchen sink for Saurian BO's with the "Efficient" trait because of its rarity and usefulness in Space PVP.

As to the second part, I only know that BO's that are skilled up retain their points when traded. I don't know if it works the same way with the Exchange, though I assume it would.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-04-2011, 08:07 PM
I was thinking though. What I could do is put one of those very rare bridge officers in a bridge station on my ship, while the ones I have already put skill points into will be in the other stations.

Actually, maybe I don't even need to do this. I could have the Very Rare Boff's in a Boff station on my ship or not. When they earn points it goes into a common pool which I can distribute to any of my officers, whether they are in a bridge station or not. They when they are trained enough I can switch them out of a Boff station with another Boff.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-04-2011, 10:16 PM
they don't need to be assigned to a station to train, as long as they are commissioned members of your crew you can train them in whatever skills you have access to.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Also, I kind of misinterpreted thier abilities. It seems no officer has more than 4 skills. One Ensign, one Lt, one Lt Commander, and one Commander, I was thinking all 4 Space Skills were either Ensign or Lt skills. That's one thing I don't like is the scarcity of them. You can't add new skills only replace some by training from another officer, or at the skill shop on Earth Spacedock.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedman70
Also, I kind of misinterpreted thier abilities. It seems no officer has more than 4 skills. One Ensign, one Lt, one Lt Commander, and one Commander, I was thinking all 4 Space Skills were either Ensign or Lt skills. That's one thing I don't like is the scarcity of them. You can't add new skills only replace some by training from another officer, or at the skill shop on Earth Spacedock.
There is actually a lot wrong with bridge officers in general. I think its a major bummer that id replace my officers at all. There should be a way to improve or change their traits, because I kinda get attached to them. Especially when they've been with me the whole game.

Its like "now I'm an admiral/general I don't need you anymore, I have new friends! All those years we served together? Yeah, meaningless."

Feels wrong even if they aren't real people
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsadoom View Post
There is actually a lot wrong with bridge officers in general. I think its a major bummer that id replace my officers at all. There should be a way to improve or change their traits, because I kinda get attached to them. Especially when they've been with me the whole game.

Its like "now I'm an admiral/general I don't need you anymore, I have new friends! All those years we served together? Yeah, meaningless."

Feels wrong even if they aren't real people
I feel like this too. It sucks because I have a bunch of BO's with all the skills I have grown to rely on and use, but there stats are the basic blah, as I've never replaced them, just their skills. Even without the attachment to them it'd cost me all my millions of credits to replace my entire crew with superior skilled members and then replace some if not all of their abilities and then retrain them all...and ugh...no thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-16-2011, 08:44 PM
A stop-gap solution that I have used in the past, although this is not without cost...

Go to the tailor, and for the Boff you would like to "Retrain", open up his costume options and hit "Save" to keep his or her appearance in your data files...

Now, find a good candidate you'd like to replace them with. Please not it must be the same race and gender. Open up their costume traits, hit "Load" and select your recently saved settings.

Your new boff will now look like your old one.

From here, you can rename the new boff and do what you like with the old one.

I realise this is not the most immersive way to improve your bridge staff, but it is a solution until they give us the option to actually improve or change their innate traits.