Lt. Commander
Why was the Betazed System removed from the Galaxy Map? I really liked seeing it there, even though we are not able to go there. It gives the idea that it is not just empty space in-between the playable sectors.

Plus, I had hopes to one day go back home and visit my family. I am now shocked to see it gone from the map completely! I think you should bring back displaying important and well lore-rooted systems that are outside of sector space to keep up the nostalgia and feel.

Thank you for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-05-2011, 06:50 AM
I somewhat got the impression that Betazed might be involved with the new FE. A Dev said something to the effect that the new FE allows us to go some place we've always wanted to go. With the new FE starting at DS9 there's only 2 places we've always wanted to go from there: Betazed or through the wormhole. So it might be possible it's off the map while it's being completed. Or it might just be a bug and we're going through the wormhole.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Delta IV
08-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Caitain have no homeworld as well. Delta IV has never been on the maps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-05-2011, 07:02 AM
They removed it for a good reason, IMO. It doesn't exist in the game, so it being on the map was nothing but a heartless taunt. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I somewhat got the impression that Betazed might be involved with the new FE. A Dev said something to the effect that the new FE allows us to go some place we've always wanted to go. With the new FE starting at DS9 there's only 2 places we've always wanted to go from there: Betazed or through the wormhole. So it might be possible it's off the map while it's being completed. Or it might just be a bug and we're going through the wormhole.
We already know we'll be going through the wormhole, as the devs have mentioned some of the episodes taking place in the Gamma quadrant. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the planet we've always wanted to visit will be in the Gamma quadrant as well...

Betazed would be pretty cool. Cardassia Prime & Bajor would be very nice too
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Trill .
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Guys you know that the actual sector map of STO is just a small section of sector blocks and not the entire map of Alpha and Beta Quadrant. The whole Federetion space western from Sol System is missing. That should be at least 6 sectors. As well the entire soth western and northern sectors.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-05-2011, 07:15 AM
See what happened is; "In a near distant future a star will collapse, Betazed had the ability to stop it but refused and Admiral Troi went to help but was too late."...then yada, yada, yada some guy on a miner blew up betazed in this reality.

To be honest though STO would benefit if we could incorporate more of the cannon worlds with functionality, I mean as of right now Risa and Andoria are there but who honestly does anything there?
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
Guys you know that the actual sector map of STO is just a small section of sector blocks and not the entire map of Alpha and Beta Quadrant. The whole Federetion space western from Sol System is missing. That should be at least 6 sectors. As well the entire soth western and northern sectors.
Of course. Hence the gaps. Here's hoping that if/when they do consolidate the sector blocks into one big galaxy map, they won't simply mend them together in cases like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSal View Post
To be honest though STO would benefit if we could incorporate more of the cannon worlds with functionality, I mean as of right now Risa and Andoria are there but who honestly does anything there?
Agreed. We need more iconic worlds that can be visited in game, but we also need something to do on the existing worlds other than sight seeing. Both Risa & Andoria could offer so much more. Then again, so could Vulcan.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Sauria isn't around either, and WE have the President in office right now.

We should be able to go there and just get absolutely wasted on Saurian Brandy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I believe that Sauria, Betazed, and Delta would all be (and should be) located in a sector block to the west of both the Alpha Centauri and Iota Pavonis sector blocks. I think this should be a three sector vertical, and should have some systems for eventual Fed Vs. Romulan PvP systems similar to the Fed vs. Klink sector block.