Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Betazed was blown up by the KDF (Take a look at the route from Eta Eridani to Orrelius - straight through where Betazed was).
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-05-2011, 09:25 AM
I'd first and foremost like to see Ferenginar implemented. It's probably the Alpha Quadrant's primary hub of commerce by now since the changes in Ferengi society. If unique items and consumables were sold there then there's your reason for visiting it; on top of that, there's no reason they'd use Energy Credits so it would give GPL a depth beyond temporary holoemitters and Dabo.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Hmmm Bajor would be my first guese as its nearest the wormhole.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-05-2011, 09:46 AM
How about Tellar oand Alpha Centauri? They're both homeworlds fo Federation Founders.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Why was the Betazed System removed from the Galaxy Map? I really liked seeing it there, even though we are not able to go there. It gives the idea that it is not just empty space in-between the playable sectors.

Plus, I had hopes to one day go back home and visit my family. I am now shocked to see it gone from the map completely! I think you should bring back displaying important and well lore-rooted systems that are outside of sector space to keep up the nostalgia and feel.

Thank you for your time.
The doomsday machine STRIKES AGIAN!! I'll have a talk with Admiral Quinn. this issue needs to e adressed
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSal View Post
See what happened is; "In a near distant future a star will collapse, Betazed had the ability to stop it but refused and Admiral Troi went to help but was too late."...then yada, yada, yada some guy on a miner blew up betazed in this reality.

To be honest though STO would benefit if we could incorporate more of the cannon worlds with functionality, I mean as of right now Risa and Andoria are there but who honestly does anything there?
u could by regenorators at andoria and Risa is sometimes used as a fleet meeting place.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Ice
Betazed was blown up by the KDF (Take a look at the route from Eta Eridani to Orrelius - straight through where Betazed was).
Seeing how the Dominion couldn't keep hold of Betazed and were forced to flee their occupation of it, I doubt any other race could. Unless of course they were immune to telepathy.

Quote:
"According to the novel The Battle of Betazed the Betazoids were finally able to drive the Jem'Hadar away by the application of a highly dangerous, offensive form of empathy. There was also a less risky but far more cruel telepathic way of handling the Jem'Hadar, but the Betazoids rejected this solution, since it would have cost them their peaceful culture."
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Caitain have no homeworld as well. Delta IV has never been on the maps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Betazed would be pretty cool. Cardassia Prime & Bajor would be very nice too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Trill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSal View Post
To be honest though STO would benefit if we could incorporate more of the cannon worlds with functionality, I mean as of right now Risa and Andoria are there but who honestly does anything there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
We need more iconic worlds that can be visited in game, but we also need something to do on the existing worlds other than sight seeing. Both Risa & Andoria could offer so much more. Then again, so could Vulcan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Hyena
Sauria isn't around either, and WE have the President in office right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekuScrubby View Post
I'd first and foremost like to see Ferenginar implemented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Hmmm Bajor would be my first guese as its nearest the wormhole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
How about Tellar oand Alpha Centauri? They're both homeworlds fo Federation Founders.
Agreed on all quotes! Good feedback, indeed!
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-06-2011, 11:22 AM
This map has pretty much every location from all series, and I'm pretty sure that the folks that originally designed the sector map for STO used it as a reference.

Based on it, a lot of the systems folks are asking for in this thread are in adjoining sectors to what's in game. For example, Betazed is located in the sector between the Risa Sector and the Dorvan Sector. Tellar is supposed to be in the sector directly "west" of the Taneebia sector.

As for adding this stuff to STO, it seems like it would be a ways off. They've been talking about making sector space into a single massive zone, which means that you'd be able to go where ever you wanted without ever hitting a sector block wall. If this is how it turns out, how would they populate those new sectors with systems? Would they simply add a bunch of doors for foundry and future missions, or would they add it in sector by sector with completed content? After all, sector space with no walls would let a player travel to the Delta quadrant if they felt like it. I'm curious if there'd be anything there if a player made the trip.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-06-2011, 11:53 AM
according to DS9 Betazed IS in the alpha quadrant, and was highly contesed during the dominion war.
(DS9, canan)
i am not sure what memroy alpha wiki says on the matter...

but betazoids are common in the series and betazed is frequently mentions.
i think it SHOULD be included in the sector map!

The Tellorite homeworld should ALSO be included since they are one of the "BIG FOUR" that founded the federation
(according to ST enterprize, canan)

i am not too sure about the caitian and saurian homeworlds...
NOT to offend cat people and amphibians, but they arent as popular, and shouldnt get homeworlds before the Tellorites and betazoids!

AND

an often neglected KLINGON RIGHTS issue:

WHERE IS THE GORN HOMEWORLD!!?!?!
WHERE IS THE ORION HOMEWORLD???!?!!

both of these races are MAJOR players in star trek since The Original Series (way before betazoids and cat people)

ALSO, according to GAME LORE, the gorn had an entire sector of homeworlds and stars that was conqured by the klingons not 10 years ago!
ALSO, the orions joined the empire with an alliance!
where are their worlds?

i hope cryptic decides to do somethign about this before they make a new season of bad queues, OP ships and consols, and poor project management!