Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
This map has pretty much every location from all series, and I'm pretty sure that the folks that originally designed the sector map for STO used it as a reference.
That map is so awesome!

You get points for sharing!

Lt. Commander
# 22
08-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rek View Post
according to DS9 Betazed IS in the alpha quadrant, and was highly contesed during the dominion war.
(DS9, canan)
i am not sure what memroy alpha wiki says on the matter...

but betazoids are common in the series and betazed is frequently mentions.
i think it SHOULD be included in the sector map!

The Tellorite homeworld should ALSO be included since they are one of the "BIG FOUR" that founded the federation
(according to ST enterprize, canan)

i am not too sure about the caitian and saurian homeworlds...
NOT to offend cat people and amphibians, but they arent as popular, and shouldnt get homeworlds before the Tellorites and betazoids!

AND

an often neglected KLINGON RIGHTS issue:

WHERE IS THE GORN HOMEWORLD!!?!?!
WHERE IS THE ORION HOMEWORLD???!?!!

both of these races are MAJOR players in star trek since The Original Series (way before betazoids and cat people)

ALSO, according to GAME LORE, the gorn had an entire sector of homeworlds and stars that was conqured by the klingons not 10 years ago!
ALSO, the orions joined the empire with an alliance!
where are their worlds?

i hope cryptic decides to do somethign about this before they make a new season of bad queues, OP ships and consols, and poor project management!
These are very great points. Crytpic really needs to expand, really needs to add more content, etc etc. Hopefully cryptic can get there but who knows with the purchase slowing down things. Im refering to the statement made in the podcasts out there about things kind of frozen....
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian71 View Post
These are very great points. Crytpic really needs to expand, really needs to add more content, etc etc. Hopefully cryptic can get there but who knows with the purchase slowing down things. Im refering to the statement made in the podcasts out there about things kind of frozen....
Ok I take back the statement about kind of frozen. Just listen to Priority One and it seems things are picking back up. Great news! Now lets see the greatness Cryptic can do!
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm not too worried about it being removed, because i'm sure one day it will be readded as a place we can actually go to and visit.
The devs are trying to figure out a way to break down the walls between blocks though which makes me wonder what will happen then as far as planets just outright not existing.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Ice
Betazed was blown up by the KDF (Take a look at the route from Eta Eridani to Orrelius - straight through where Betazed was).
Thus proving that Klingons are a good and honorable people.

-Jeff
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
This map has pretty much every location from all series, and I'm pretty sure that the folks that originally designed the sector map for STO used it as a reference.

Based on it, a lot of the systems folks are asking for in this thread are in adjoining sectors to what's in game. For example, Betazed is located in the sector between the Risa Sector and the Dorvan Sector. Tellar is supposed to be in the sector directly "west" of the Taneebia sector.

As for adding this stuff to STO, it seems like it would be a ways off. They've been talking about making sector space into a single massive zone, which means that you'd be able to go where ever you wanted without ever hitting a sector block wall. If this is how it turns out, how would they populate those new sectors with systems? Would they simply add a bunch of doors for foundry and future missions, or would they add it in sector by sector with completed content? After all, sector space with no walls would let a player travel to the Delta quadrant if they felt like it. I'm curious if there'd be anything there if a player made the trip.
The book that that map is from is one of my most favored Star Trek possessions (next to my 1980 TMP maps)...

I bought Four copies of that book because I knew that I would wear one out, just looking at it and using it for reference.

I also believe that the Dev's have said, that that book was one of Their main references when first designing the STO map.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian71 View Post
Ok I take back the statement about kind of frozen. Just listen to Priority One and it seems things are picking back up. Great news! Now lets see the greatness Cryptic can do!
Honestly these podcasts are a waste of time to even bother listening to. Its as every Cryptic employee that has been interviewed on any podcast with the exception of the reason Mr. Dstahl they refer to him and state if he does not say anything about it neither will they. Then interviewer states oh darn had to try I guess. Then like season 4 they go into the fluffy stuff. That pretty much is a podcast involving STO. It makes me think they do not have a take your kid to work day, thats all I got from it. To the topic here if there was a betazed to find easily no one would go to Risa (Plus their birth rate would be off the charts) ROFL
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Seeing how the Dominion couldn't keep hold of Betazed and were forced to flee their occupation of it, I doubt any other race could. Unless of course they were immune to telepathy.
Which is why one day Betazed will be overrun by the Ferengi Alliance.

- As for me, I'd like to see some Tholian territory. We couldn't beam down to any of the planets without catching fire, but it'd still be cool to see those guys in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
Which is why one day Betazed will be overrun by the Ferengi Alliance.
hah!

I could only imagine a Ferengi occupied Betazed.. I mean, Betazed weddings are already nude.. female nude transition shouldn't be too... uhm.. bothersom.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
hah!

I could only imagine a Ferengi occupied Betazed.. I mean, Betazed weddings are already nude.. female nude transition shouldn't be too... uhm.. bothersom.
I got the feeling that clothing on Betazed was optional anyway...

When everybody can pretty much tell what everyone else is thinking...

... clothing becomes just a way to stay warm.