Lt. Commander
For Cryptic.

I request that you make the KDF Exchange Boff awarded for reaching Ambassador either Rare or Very Rare.

I have just finished running my fourth character to Ambassador a few days ago. I am not sure why I didn't notice before, but the Boff reward is a Common item. I was rather surprised, hence my request and reasoning.
  • Getting to Ambassador takes alot of time, effort and commitment... a grind if you will more severe than leveling up a KDF character. You have to really want it.
  • To get there, you have to run through 132 to 136 non-combat missions. When you add in the number of combat missions that have to be sifted through to get to the non-combat missions, the actual number of missions explored is far greater.
  • The effort required is much higher than that needed for a weekly episode...the most recent Romulan series awarded a Very Rare Boff for completing the series. Ambassador's require more work for a lesser reward.
  • The final note I'll make here is about the Caitian and Aenar Boff's. Each is a Very Rare item, but they require no effort at all in game play to get one...all needed being 100 AT's (Atari Tokens) for a requisition form.

I only ask you to consider this request. I believe it to be a reasonable request given the facts I've laid out above.

Oh yeah...if you do adjust this, it will have to be made retroactive for existing Ambassadors...somehow.

Thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-05-2011, 09:56 AM
I completely agree with the above, and would suggest carrying the reward a step further and allow some limited racial trait customization via the character creation GUI.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-06-2011, 09:11 PM
lol yeah. Its really disappointing to do all that work and get a lousy officer out of it.

Oh hell, I even took my token orion woman out of her showy outfit and stuck her in something resembling a uniform to be forgotten about. Boring!
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2011, 01:31 PM
My suggestion is to do what I did, which is don't claim it.

Cryptic has said they will change this (maybe when the DOFF system launches?) and until then I think I'd rather wait. Then there will be no question of having the right to re-claim it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Yes, we're putting together the data now to make it possible to claim new bridge officers of better rarity of the opposing faction both for Diplomacy and the forthcoming KDF analog, Marauding.

These will be new claims - so go ahead and claim whatever common bridge officer you are entitled to; it won't affect the new rewards. The current common rewards will be grandfathered in and phased out in favor of the new rewards.

The timing on this depends on a bunch of dependencies, but around when duty officers come out is the most likely timeframe.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The timing on this depends on a bunch of dependencies, but around when duty officers come out is the most likely timeframe.
And when might that be?
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Yes, we're putting together the data now to make it possible to claim new bridge officers of better rarity of the opposing faction both for Diplomacy and the forthcoming KDF analog, Marauding.

These will be new claims - so go ahead and claim whatever common bridge officer you are entitled to; it won't affect the new rewards. The current common rewards will be grandfathered in and phased out in favor of the new rewards.

While you're at it, make it so that if we dismiss it, we can reclaim it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Thanks for this information, I think such an approach is fair and overall good news. The only additional thing I can think of to make it "better" news would be if we have the opportunity to "Dress" future special BOff rewards as we see fit. In other words have a choice of keeping their faction atire (which personally I like) or assigning them a uniform like any other BOff.

I imagine different folks have their own opinions on the point of BOff uniforms, but I would very much like to have control over such details. Well, an obvious possible exception being the Breen I suppose who may* require their Refrigeration suits.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing this put into play.

maj!

* NOTE: I say Breen may require Refrigeration suits, because we actually do not know for sure. See the Breen link to Memory-Alpha for more discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
While you're at it, make it so that if we dismiss it, we can reclaim it.
I disagree. That would eliminate the metagame of getting multiple exchange boffs for your captain, since they had to make them bind on pickup to allow your requested feature.

Quote:

I appreciate the heads up. I have to ask for one additional favor though. Please decide if you want to allow the exchange boff trade to continue or not. If you allow it please make sure this time that all possible choices are tradeable, currently there is a three class system with exchange officers. Easy tradeable ones (able to put on the exchange, mailed etc.). Difficult tradeable ones, because they only become tradeable when commisioned (iirc some nausicaan science should fall into that category). And some which aren't tradeable after all, kind of annoying if that happens with a char which only was leveled for boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorDaq View Post
...The only additional thing I can think of to make it "better" news would be if we have the opportunity to "Dress" future special BOff rewards as we see fit. In other words have a choice of keeping their faction atire (which personally I like) or assigning them a uniform like any other BOff.
Oh, I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QorDaq View Post
...Well, an obvious possible exception being the Breen I suppose who may* require their Refrigeration suits...
Ah, but even in the game the Breen have a variety of different suits. It would be nice to be able to at change our Breen BO between these 2-3 (however many) choices. Also, changing the color would be nice.