Lt. Commander
# 1 Infected VA / Elite
08-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Hi guys, i'm sure this has been brought up before but doesn't it seems like Infected on VA with Elite settings seem like it should take more than the normal amount of time and effort? Also should we not get better rewards? The rewards seem to be the same if your doing RA/Normal. VA/Elite seems like a joke. Here is a video of the final boss fight.

Sorry in advance if this has been brought up before.

-Snokones
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-05-2011, 09:34 AM
STF's PvP and Public Zones/Social Zones are not affected by the difficulty slider.

100% Intentional.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
STF's PvP and Public Zones/Social Zones are not affected by the difficulty slider.

100% Intentional.
This will change, however, with the new STF revamps set to arrive next month.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
This will change, however, with the new STF revamps set to arrive next month.
Not from what I could tell from Gozers description. That does not seem to be what he indicated. He simply said that there will be a normal mode, wich is a little easier than the current STF's and Hard wich is a little harder than the current ones...

The word "Elite" is merely somthing that has come to describe Hard here in the forums.

Edit: Gozer... if you by any chance see this, can you set record straight... Am I right or wrong (cause I'd love to know)
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-05-2011, 02:05 PM
IIRC, yes there will be 2 modes. What they are called, normal/hard or normal/elite, is really just semantics, and I can't recall reading anything about whether or not this will be implemented via the difficulty slider or not. The normal will be very PUG friendly, and I remember seeing some tweet leaks of Rebecca's room having bridges (for those that are jumping impaired). I also remember that the elite versions will have much shorter respawn timers on the drones in Rebecca's chamber, and also less time to complete the jumping than is currently set.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Not from what I could tell from Gozers description. That does not seem to be what he indicated. He simply said that there will be a normal mode, wich is a little easier than the current STF's and Hard wich is a little harder than the current ones...
That's not exactly what Gozer implied...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
~snip~

If you haven't already seen or heard.. The revamps will include two separate versions of every STF. Most folks will be able to face roll the keyboard to complete the Normal versions, and Elite will be much harder than they currently are.

~snip~
Quote is from here.

From his description it sounds like there's going to be a Tonka version of the STF's for kiddie's in the pull-up phase of diaper training and a version that's going to require us to sign waivers before we play it. Coming from the guy actually making them, it doesn't fill me with confidence. The pre-S4 STF's didn't require much retooling to become PUGable but it sounds like Cryptic has gone off the deep end making changes no one was asking for. Let's hope that works out better than PvE queues...

Z
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Sure.. Here is a little clarification.

Current STF's

The difficulty slider is fairly limited in what it actually adjusts for normal missions. It has no problem adjusting the difficulty of the encounters (enemy npc's) making them easier or harder to kill, however it can't adjust things like puzzle logic or timers at all.

"Most" of the (current) STF difficulty centers around people working together and is controlled by things that the difficulty setting can't alter.

The actual system has no effect on the current STF's on Holodeck, it is disabled for these missions.

Future Updated Version of the STF's

Soon you will have a special STF Queue.

Within that Queue there will be Missions you can select. There will be a choice for a Normal or Elite Versions.

They will share some of the same features that the difficulty slider sets (like Death Penalty for example) but for the most part these two different types of STF's are something a little different than normal mission normal or elite.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Gozer, I'm not to keen on this whole Queue thing.
More and more MMO's seem to be adopting it, but I think Queues really hurt the immersion.
Ive always felt that the journey to the destination is part of the experience of the game world.
Queues i find just makes the whole experiene feel so.... detached.

Its one of the reasons i hate the new PvE Queue for Fleet Actions.
They were better and more fun when they were "open instances"
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Gozer did hint before that you could only start one of these STF queues at the STF location
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Sure.. Here is a little clarification. ~snip~
Could you quantify the difficulty of the updated STF's a little more? You've used the words "face roll" and "much harder" to describe Normal and Elite difficulties, respectively. How about estimating easier or harder by percentage lesser/greater than current STF's? Something like "the new Elite Infected is roughly 30% harder than Infected now".

Z