Lt. Commander
# 11
08-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Sure.. Here is a little clarification.

Current STF's

The difficulty slider is fairly limited in what it actually adjusts for normal missions. It has no problem adjusting the difficulty of the encounters (enemy npc's) making them easier or harder to kill, however it can't adjust things like puzzle logic or timers at all.

"Most" of the (current) STF difficulty centers around people working together and is controlled by things that the difficulty setting can't alter.

The actual system has no effect on the current STF's on Holodeck, it is disabled for these missions.

Future Updated Version of the STF's

Soon you will have a special STF Queue.

Within that Queue there will be Missions you can select. There will be a choice for a Normal or Elite Versions.

They will share some of the same features that the difficulty slider sets (like Death Penalty for example) but for the most part these two different types of STF's are something a little different than normal mission normal or elite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Gozer, I'm not to keen on this whole Queue thing.
More and more MMO's seem to be adopting it, but I think Queues really hurt the immersion.
Ive always felt that the journey to the destination is part of the experience of the game world.
Queues i find just makes the whole experiene feel so.... detached.

Its one of the reasons i hate the new PvE Queue for Fleet Actions.
They were better and more fun when they were "open instances"
/Agreed so far the queue situation has only limited content and has not been fun i wish we could scale back into the open instance. I wish we had only one instance of the STFs one space/ ground and it would be open like the big dig fleet action was. I wish we could even bring our away teams and team 0-4 option (without losing an away team slot) in a fleet action type setting.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
STF Queue is a different animal so to speak them what you have now. It's more like a "Dungeon Finder" than a real Queue.

STF's don't really have multiple parts any more. Story wise they are all broken down to two missions each. Ground and Space (but this is only for story, it's not forced on you), and those only run around 30 min to play them for each piece.

This configuration allows us to do a couple of new things.

A. Now you only have to run space missions if you don't like ground combat, or vice versa for Ground missions.

B. You can team up with KDF and run the STF's together.

You can join a STF with a pre-made team ( Just like you do now) or you can just say I'm solo... find me 4 other players and it will make a team for you (cross faction here as well)
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Could you quantify the difficulty of the updated STF's a little more? You've used the words "face roll" and "much harder" to describe Normal and Elite difficulties, respectively. How about estimating easier or harder by percentage lesser/greater than current STF's? Something like "the new Elite Infected is roughly 30% harder than Infected now".

Z
This is a little hard to do.. since difficulty is very subjective. But I'll give it a shot.

Lets use a scale of 1 - 10. 1 being extremely easy and 10 being extremely hard.

On this scale a regular mission (like a Featured Episode mission) would be around a 3. This however is based on you and up to 4 Bridge Officers. If you run a Featured Episode with a full team of 5 players ( No BO's) that mission really ends up being about a 1.

The current STF's on this same scale would be around a 6.

The new STF's will be something like this.

Normal - 3 for just the base mission, 5 if you want to try and complete the mission and it's optional objective.

Elite - 8 for the base mission and 10 to complete the mission and the optional objective.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Gozer, two questions:
1) Can we expect to have the upgrade on the STF on the 24th - 26th Borg Fleet Intercepts? żor still no ETA?

2) And the project to finish In to The Hive its still on?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
This is a little hard to do.. since difficulty is very subjective. But I'll give it a shot.

Lets use a scale of 1 - 10. 1 being extremely easy and 10 being extremely hard.

On this scale a regular mission (like a Featured Episode mission) would be around a 3. This however is based on you and up to 4 Bridge Officers. If you run a Featured Episode with a full team of 5 players ( No BO's) that mission really ends up being about a 1.

The current STF's on this same scale would be around a 6.

The new STF's will be something like this.

Normal - 3 for just the base mission, 5 if you want to try and complete the mission and it's optional objective.

Elite - 8 for the base mission and 10 to complete the mission and the optional objective.
Thank you, sir.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-05-2011, 03:35 PM
EDIT: nvm. I failed to read the second page of posts, lol.

But I do have a question.. Can you have a partially made team, and just pick up 1 or 2 PUG players? Like if we have 4 players, will the que allow us to A) stay together as a team, and B) pick up 1 more player to complete a 5-man team?
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the clarification Gozer, just one question.

Quote:
On this scale a regular mission (like a Featured Episode mission) would be around a 3.
This rating is based on doing the mission on normal, advanced, or elite difficulty?
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nPoon
Thanks for the clarification Gozer, just one question.

This rating is based on doing the mission on normal, advanced, or elite difficulty?
Normal.. as in Regular mission and default setting...

SO....

Normal STF = 3 with a full team of 5 players.

Featured Series Episode = 3 (on normal diff settings, solo with only your BO's)
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Will the STF queue force you to start the mission with 5 players?
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Will the STF queue force you to start the mission with 5 players?
Well... I haven't decided yet..

If you are joining solo.. I will probably set it so that it takes 5 to start, however if you create a private instance (which you will be able to do) I may let you start that one whenever you want.

So basically it would work something like this... if you don't have a team and want the Queue to find one for you it will wait until you have 5 team members before it starts.

If you want to set up a private instance of a STF ( this lets you invite Feds and KDF from your friends list), I doubt I'll set a min players to start on those.