Lt. Commander
# 11
08-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I'm not a lawyer
well according to this thread its ok for me to say i am lawyer.

as long as i dont offer any ponies im good to go.

ps - im not really a lawyer. i dont care about your divorce proceedings or your accident claim form.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-05-2011, 10:40 AM
They shuld advertise STO as "The most popular Star Trek MMORPG of all time!" :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
well according to this thread its ok for me to say i am lawyer.

as long as i dont offer any ponies im good to go.

ps - im not really a lawyer. i dont care about your divorce proceedings or your accident claim form.
"you are the best lawyer in the universe, and you OWN cbs/paramount!"

I now empathicly request you start a new series of star trek based on the travels of wesley crusher.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I would think there could be a difference made in having innate super powers as opposed to magically based super powers. but as others have said, Lawyer, I am not.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
I kind of doubt that. How many "things" advertise as "*Regions* most popular X"? From soda-pop to chewing gum; headed to cars and so forth.

False Advertising would be if they promise you a pony with your game and then don't deliver it.
That actually almost happened in the beginning of the game with the Pre-order Joined Trill Race, actually. Since it was released to Fed side only at the time. It took alot of complaints and a couple months before it finally was given to the Klingon side..

Of course that should have been the writing on the wall for the KDF.. but that's an arguement for another thread.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-05-2011, 10:54 AM
It all has to do with the wording. "City of HeroesŪ: The World's Most Popular Superpowered MMO."

I don't believe any other MMOs claim to be "Superpowered". Therefore CoH is the world's only "Superpowered" MMO. Therefore CoH is the world's most popular "Superpowered" MMO.

It's kinda like auto manufacturers claiming their vehicle has "Best X in its class." Well, who made the class? The automaker did.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-05-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm waiting for the Smurfs movie people to claim it's the #1 movie with small blue beings in America
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Actually, City of Heroes is the only MMO that uses run-off from electrically based super-humans, and is therefore quite literally "superpowered". The only one, as far as I know, making it the most popular (and I guess technically least popular?).
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-05-2011, 12:33 PM
I think what it boils down to is the phrase "most popular." That's very vague. It isn't a specific claim. It doesn't say they have the most subscribers, or generate the most revenue, or have the most concurrent users logged on.

I'm guessing that's why there's no fear of retribution with respect to truth-in-advertising laws.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-05-2011, 12:51 PM
I think Cryptic should label CO with the same description and see what they think