08-06-2011, 07:56 AM
There's PvP in this game? :p
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engraverwilliam View Post
OP what do YOU wantin a PvP game?
We've had tons of ideas and concepts posted in the PvP forum and the OPvP and TTS chat channels. I'm far from the creative type, so I only have a short list :p
  • More maps
  • Territory control
  • Something to make PvP real and worth it (so we don't get the AFK PvE heroes who just sit in the spawn or suicide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
the way I see it PVP is a self sustaining activity, you can fight on the same map a hundred differnt times and get a differnt experiance each time.

PVE doesn't have that so obviously PVE (which has more players anyway) is gonna get priority.
Exactly. We've played the same 3 maps for over a year and a half now, and we continue to play those. That does not mean, however, that we shouldn't be getting more maps or game types.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Being experienced with devspeak from the other games I've been in, I can tell you succinctly what 'soon' actually means.

It means 'stop bugging us about this content we're never going to work on, but I need to cover my arse contractually in the case that we eventually do release it'
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
the way I see it PVP is a self sustaining activity, you can fight on the same map a hundred differnt times and get a differnt experiance each time.

PVE doesn't have that so obviously PVE (which has more players anyway) is gonna get priority.
This.

PvP in any MMO is always battles over the same maps/zones or instances.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jounar View Post
This.

PvP in any MMO is always battles over the same maps/zones or instances.
There's a difference between PvP priority and PvE exclusivity. The fact of the matter is that for 18+ months now, the PvP community has funded every last whim of the PvE community.

"I want featured episodes! I want more costumes! I want an STF revamp! I want diplomacy! I want more sightseeing!" ALL of these have been granted. It's time that PvP got something for a change.

We have 3 Arena and 1 Cap N Hold map. And of the 3 Arena maps, 2 can (and do) cause lag for some players.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
The fact of the matter is that for 18+ months now, the PvP community has funded every last whim of the PvE community.
This statement reminds me of something a diehard STO PvPer said to me:

"PvP is the center of STO"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! That most ludicrous and delusional statement I've ever heard by a player in STO.

Face it: from personal experience in my year and a half+plus playing STO, the majority of STO players are not PvPers and do not want to be PvPers. They are roleplayers, Federation players, and PvE-ers, and prefer to be so.

I personally play every part of STO, including PvP. I don't enjoy PvP as much as others, but I've seen too many players play exclusively PvP, and so they remain disappointed. These exclusivists hate PvE, they hate ground combat (pre- and post-Season 4), and they hate roleplayers. Thus, PvP exclusivists dislike the STFs, but only do STFs at least once for the Borg set rewards for, what else?, going right back to PvP to use them.

Yo, exclusive PvP-ers, have faith that the Devs will give more to PvP. But until then, PLAY SOMETHING ELSE in STO until the Devs give more to PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1225
This statement reminds me of something a diehard STO PvPer said to me:

"PvP is the center of STO"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! That most ludicrous and delusional statement I've ever heard by a player in STO.

Face it: from personal experience in my year and a half+plus playing STO, the majority of STO players are not PvPers and do not want to be PvPers. They are roleplayers, Federation players, and PvE-ers, and prefer to be so.

I personally play every part of STO, including PvP. I don't enjoy PvP as much as others, but I've seen too many players play exclusively PvP, and so they remain disappointed. These exclusivists hate PvE, they hate ground combat (pre- and post-Season 4), and they hate roleplayers. Thus, PvP exclusivists dislike the STFs, but only do STFs at least once for the Borg set rewards for, what else?, going right back to PvP to use them.

Yo, exclusive PvP-ers, have faith that the Devs will give more to PvP. But until then, PLAY SOMETHING ELSE in STO until the Devs give more to PvP.
I'm one of those exclusive PvPers. While we're certainly not the center of the game, we don't deserve to be continually shafted - especially as paying customers. And, let's face it; any balance this game has comes from PvP community feedback. Almost everything the Devs released recently has had to have a balance pass once it goes live.

Why should I have faith that the Devs will do anything? In the Ask Cryptic response that Craig posted on the first page, they acknowledged that they haven't done anything... And then quietly let it drop.

The reason I PvP is because I want a challenge. There's a video that g4xth posted where he literally facemashes through PvE by flying in circles. Without any BOs. In a Varanus, arguably one of the worst ships.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Why should I have faith that the Devs will do anything? In the Ask Cryptic response that Craig posted on the first page, they acknowledged that they haven't done anything... And then quietly let it drop.
They're waiting until they finish pushing all the new pay-to-win variants out, so that in new PvP everyone can toss cash at them to keep up.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
They're waiting until they finish pushing all the new pay-to-win variants out, so that in new PvP everyone can toss cash at them to keep up.
Heh. I have very little faith left in the Devs, but I have enough to know (well, hope) that they won't do that.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Quite Frankly how many of us still care?

Perhaps that is the question Cryptic should be answering. Perhaps once it goes F2P they will add the ability too the foundry.... lol.