Lt. Commander
# 71
08-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
I don't even know that we would 'have' to set it up strictly to do PvP, but I have a great amount of respect for the OPvP Community, and I'm honored to think of you as friends, and I would love to take the camaraderie that we have developed here, and have a way for all of the 'old hands' from here to stay together.

The only real question: Would we name it "LOLGround" ?
You know it
Lt. Commander
# 72
08-08-2011, 05:13 PM
How about the name...

STLOL?
Lt. Commander
# 73
08-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
you where doing so well, I was nodding my head in agreement with you.. then you go and make a silly statement like that. a harsh death penalty for PVP would have a disasterous effect on PVP.

insisute a harsh pena;ty and suddenly people stop PVPing. this MIGHT be alright if you have an open world PVP type approuch where you want people to think before they attack (EVE) but PVP where it's basicly just a game everyone partakes a sevre death penalty would drive off everyone who was casual at all and you'd be left with maybe a dozen or two people who where very good, but they'd quickly also grow very bored
yeah i was perhaps babbling to far along those lines. i love STO but one thing that has always bugged me is the zerging in both PvP and PvE. You blow up you re-spawn and continue like nothing ever happened. at the very LEAST you should re-spawn in front of admiral Quinn at ESD and need to get back in your ship and fly back to the fighting and restart the mission you failed to accomplish.
When I was first starting out, I had to protect a freighter until starfleet backup arrived. I failed. This was my first death. I hit re-spawn and I was spawned just outside the battle and was able to finish my mission just like I was never blown up! WTH?! I always hated death penalties that took your exp or broke your equipment, however I would be totally fine if I had to start again on my mission because ..wait for it...I FAILED.
Lt. Commander
# 74
08-08-2011, 05:25 PM
How about " The DStahl Brigade"?