Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 91
08-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Kind of new to STO so after reading this I went to look up these consoles that you guys are talking about and cant seem to see em in c-store, can anyone point me to them there or at least just tell me what they do please.

My view on c-store might be one of the reason why I actually quit STO I think paying a sub for a non content game is silly and on top of that having to pay for extra is poor. I can't think of any mmo that requires you to do that (even eve lets you use there version with in game credits, wow is just cosmetic stuff etc). Its just a way for cryptic to milk in the money before they start working on a new mmo.

However on topic I think that destroyable items from the c-store wouldn't work yes it's possibly that people will stop using them but there a more likely that people would stop pvping. The best solution would be to allow all c-store items to be available in game like the borg bo that you can get through the STF or better ships through emblems etc. Just make it hard to get.
Lt. Commander
# 92
08-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Oh I definitely agree that this isn't the best option. Releasing balanced items, making them available on the C-store at the same time that they become available through other means in game (if not making them available in game first), or just keeping the C-store fluff only would be more ideal.

These consoles in question aren't instant guaranteed wins, but they do have the potential to provide an unfair advantage that on the current path will only be available to people who pay for them. I stopped following news on the development of the Rhode Ilsand class ship, which comes with the console, but until the most recent delay it was superior to any other ship in the second tier. In fact, as an admitted perk to get people to buy this thing, they referred to it as a tier 2.5 ship. That's only a big deal for those 10 levels but the console can be equipped on any sci ship, including quite possibly the most powerful sci ship in the game, the Intrepid-R. Again, some of this information might be old now. There have hopefully been significant adjustments.

Beyond that, I don't know of anything else that we've seen or heard of with specifics, but there are are other ships (tier x.5 variants) and many more consoles in the works. If the original proposed state of the Rhode Island is any indication, and the delay doesn't include some fairly sweeping adjustments, this could be a balance (and pricey) nightmare.
Lt. Commander
# 93
08-19-2011, 02:05 PM
LOL:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=94

It's going to get worse, enjoy the bot dilithium farmers. The "in game" future means of obtaining Pay to Win.

How many long term players will create then trash characters for the 250 emblems/future dilithium, lol? Tbo, with them going this route I now really do want to make this game like EvE. Let me fight anyone any where, and let them lose their botted farm ships.
Lt. Commander
# 94
08-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
LOL:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=94

It's going to get worse, enjoy the bot dilithium farmers. The "in game" future means of obtaining Pay to Win.

How many long term players will create then trash characters for the 250 emblems/future dilithium, lol? Tbo, with them going this route I now really do want to make this game like EvE. Let me fight anyone any where, and let them lose their botted farm ships.
Welcome back. You missed an awesome "Confirmed: STO is going F2P By the end of the year!!!" thread that could have benefitted much by you dropping your A-Clown hammer around it.
Lt. Commander
# 95
08-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Welcome back. You missed an awesome "Confirmed: STO is going F2P By the end of the year!!!" thread that could have benefitted much by you dropping your A-Clown hammer around it.
I could be wrong, but I don't think I was banned for basically stating WIsky is an AssClown. I don't think most of those posts have been touched. Go figure ...
Lt. Commander
# 96
08-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
I could be wrong, but I don't think I was banned for basically stating WIsky is an AssClown. I don't think most of those posts have been touched. Go figure ...
Really? That is quite funny.
Lt. Commander
# 97
08-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Let's not give them anymore 'great ideas' guys.

They already did this exact thing with rigellian and aenar boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 98
08-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Let's not give them anymore 'great ideas' guys.

They already did this exact thing with rigellian and aenar boffs.
We can destroy other player's boffs?
Lt. Commander
# 99
08-20-2011, 09:41 AM
I second that. On top of that, it seems like everything goes to Science while Tactical/engineer, especially tacticals get absolutely nothing

Its not like they are already the dominant profession in-game huh right.....
Lt. Commander
# 100
08-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
We can destroy other player's boffs?
Close enough, if you buy one off the exchange or take a trade for them, that person has to completely Repurchase the bridge officer. They can't just claim another.
Closed Thread