Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 101
08-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Close enough, if you buy one off the exchange or take a trade for them, that person has to completely Repurchase the bridge officer. They can't just claim another.
Well, in that case, it's kinda the point. I think it is a little bit of a testbed for the new "Dilithium" economy system. You can trade C-Store Points for Dilithium or vice versa with other players. (see here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=228941)

The BOFF trading on the Exchange seems like a precursor to that. Now people can get the items even without spending real world money on the C-Store. But someone else has to do it. And they use an in-game resource - Energy Credits - they had to farm within the game, requiring a subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 102
09-02-2011, 06:18 PM
So more x.5 on tribble for C-Store release. All the while no quality end game. I so want to be able to blow up C-Store gear.
Lt. Commander
# 103
09-02-2011, 07:39 PM
I actually like the new items on cstore. I will buy the ships and use the consoles on my ship to pwn u all.

Good job cryptic please read this i really like it. I buy for everything to make myzelf bettuh.

Edit: d-^o^-b
Lt. Commander
# 104 What are you talking about???
09-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
I wasn't just refering to the console, and if were up to me and you brought in a unique C-Store item/ship into PvP you couldn't get in game you'd have to buy another when it was destroyed.
Quiet frankly this post is nothing but flaming at its worst. Get over yourself and learn to play.
Lt. Commander
# 105
09-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Quote:
So more x.5 on tribble for C-Store release. All the while no quality end game. I so want to be able to blow up C-Store gear.
Now that Cryptic is officially going free-to-play, the Cryptic Store will be STO's only means of actual profit-generation going forward. The latter effectively kills this thread's original premise. All that remains active here in this thread is trolling and flames.
Lt. Commander
# 106
09-04-2011, 09:16 PM
FYI, I'm not trolling nor flaming. Also, the F2P model with the economy changes via C-Store in game "time" currency makes me want all things destructable in PvP if for no other reason than to make an appropriate level of "time" currency sinks to keep inflation at bay.

Edit: I'm allowed to express my opinions, if you find yourself not liking them then just ignore me as a poster. I've got a few people on ignore myself.
Lt. Commander
# 107
09-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Quote:
FYI, I'm not trolling nor flaming. Also, the F2P model with the economy changes via C-Store in game "time" currency makes me want all things destructable in PvP if for no other reason than to make an appropriate level of "time" currency sinks to keep inflation at bay.

Edit: I'm allowed to express my opinions, if you find yourself not liking them then just ignore me as a poster. I've got a few people on ignore myself.
Expressing your opinion is perfectly fine, but to put it bluntly, the only thing I see driving the idea of making C-Store destructible gear is petty jealousy... basically the "have-nots" wanting to destroy what the "haves" bought. I already suggested that separate queues be established to suit individual player's desires, but even that one was rebuffed for no valid reason other than "personal preference."

Fortunately, cooler heads have prevailed... and this topic is all but dead.
Lt. Commander
# 108
09-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO_Mac
I don't wish come across as rude and I do get why folks are upset about the "RI" but do we rally need another thread on the issue?
The reason that there are so many threads on the same topic is because people are too lazy to use the 'search function'. If they used that then they could post their complaint in that one instead of making another thread.
Lt. Commander
# 109
09-04-2011, 09:56 PM
This is a pvp related forum, where an incredibly small subsection of the player base attends. As such, this thread is meant to be aimed at the pvper's and their opinions. Not the wonton endless needs of the rp'ers which are expressed throughout the overwhelming majority of the rest of the forums. Therefore it's appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 110
09-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
This is a pvp related forum, where an incredibly small subsection of the player base attends.
Strangely enough we have 7 times more posts here than the PVE gameplay section does =/
Closed Thread