Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Once Atari Tokens can be obtained via emblems in-game, that means that the only "exclusive" items will be those that aren't in the C-Store to begin with (e.g. Red Matter Capacitor, TR-116 rifle, etc).
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Once Atari Tokens can be obtained via emblems in-game, that means that the only "exclusive" items will be those that aren't in the C-Store to begin with (e.g. Red Matter Capacitor, TR-116 rifle, etc).
They won't be Atari for long, and there's been a lot of "tomorrow" talk w/this company. Until "tomorrow" comes I'd rather people put there money where there mouth is and risk losing their bling if they bring it into PvP areas.

Alexraptor, there are other ships you've left out as well as consoles which can only be obtained by buying the ship's in the C-Store. Not to mention other items/Boffs/Captains which can be obtained there. There's also the general trend of a lot of new content being released there 1st often for many months w/o an in game means of obtaining them.

Since, there is little effort to balance those items then just make them destroyable if used in PvP. It'll keep the C-Store $ coming in, bring satisfaction to PvPers who want the challenge of not dieing/killing a stronger setup of an opponent. Imo, it'll also draw PvP players into the game as now there would be the beginnings of worthwhile PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
They won't be Atari for long, and there's been a lot of "tomorrow" talk w/this company. Until "tomorrow" comes I'd rather people put there money where there mouth is and risk losing their bling if they bring it into PvP areas.
Correct, I meant to say C-Points. Stahl has already started referring to them in that context as of a month ago and I agree with you in that I'd prefer to see this sooner rather than later. However, permaloss for real $ will probably never happen in a casual MMO like STO.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
I'd rather people put there money where there mouth is and risk losing their bling if they bring it into PvP areas.
You are saying put your money where your mouth is to people who say these items aren't a real advantage.
So basically the message would be come to PvP to get items you paid real money destroyed because spiteful people singled you out.

I know if there was a chance someone could lose their Galaxy X in PvP I'd have my whole team gang up on one when I saw him. There would be the smart people who left their paid items at space dock, and the foolish ones who would find themselves playing 5 on 1.

I don't know if it's a bad idea or not, but I do think you won't get the result you are looking for with this.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Quote:
I wasn't just refering to the console, and if were up to me and you brought in a unique C-Store item/ship into PvP you couldn't get in game you'd have to buy another when it was destroyed.
Well, then I'm glad it's not up to you.. Because that would probobly not be worth the money except for the extremely wealthy.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Well, then I'm glad it's not up to you.. Because that would probobly not be worth the money except for the extremely wealthy.
So you're admitting to spending money for a built in PvP advantage and don't want to risk losing it? I think most PvPers would want this type of behavior reserved for PvE not PvP.

Wargazm, other then the word spiteful that's pretty much what I'd expect to have happen.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Lamid I see where you are coming from, and I can sympathize. you forget one variable in all of this, cryptic, imagine what would happen if they did not test the code properly. Of course that won't happen because we know things get the full gamut of testing before they go live but what if?
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Hmm... yet another post about a purposed change, to "benefit" PvP and "the game".
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Hmm... yet another post about a purposed change, to "benefit" PvP and "the game".
If you don't PvP, then this won't have any effect on you

We don't need any more of these "OH NOEZ TEH PVP IS MAKING MY PVE/RP SUXX!"

The proposal in this thread has quite literally no effect on you if you don't want to PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Wargazm, other then the word spiteful that's pretty much what I'd expect to have happen.
So what you are looking for is a way to force people to leave things they have paid for out of PvP. Why not just say that then?
Closed Thread