Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
08-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
Since it's becoming more and more prevelant C-Store items aren't balanced, for the C-Store items sold which aren't obtainable in game let's make them have a chance of being destroyed should someone use them in a PvP match. Imo, if you want to pay for an advantage you should risk something for using it.
Stupidest Idea Ever.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-07-2011, 07:25 PM
I really don't understand the backlash here. The problem is pay-to-win and the solution is to offer some risk to make people think twice about bringing something borked into PvP. You could still use your pay-to-win item in every other noncompetitive portion of the game. It just wouldn't make a lot of sense to bring it into a situation where it might be lost.

I keep saying that they need to release race specific consoles that carry boosts to damage and resistance for weapons and abilities when used against a specific enemy. I'd actually prefer them to have a strength to one thing, weakness to another built in so they had to be swapped out according to the situation. These would be PvE consoles and have no effect whatsoever in PvP. But I digress.

The only effect this (the risk of losing your paid item) could possibly have on people who aren't interested in PvP is that they forget to remove it when they are afk farming emblems, lol. In that case it's a double win for PvP ( ha! ha!).
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-07-2011, 07:34 PM
This is not going to happen. If you want to lose things, go and play EVE.

Cryptic makes casual games and this would not be a casual feature.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-07-2011, 08:40 PM
I think the last year and a half of development should be proof enough no one really cares what PvPers think.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Yep correct. Cryptic dont give a **** about PvP or about gamebalance and due to that setting the forums on fire all the time cause PvPrs complain (and they are correct) and then PvErs only are ****ed (also understandable).
And the sadest thing is I find myself not caring at all any more. I loved this game but Cryptic turned gameplay into an abomination the last few weeks. Also their constant ignoring of PvP needs and klingon content ( and I say content not a freakin new social zone) left a bad taste in my mouth.

So where is is my lightsaber and the jetpack for my Bountyhunter??
September yay!
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Nice idea Can we also have C-Points dropping from players pockets :p ?
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
This is not going to happen. If you want to lose things, go and play EVE.

Cryptic makes casual games and this would not be a casual feature.
I'd say Cryptic so casually makes this game, the least they could do is go all in on the C-Store and make more $$ on the items by making them destructable in some cases. At least people who don't bother supporting the significant R&D time/$ spent on micro transaction items (as opposed to KDF and PvP development) could have a sense of satisfaction when defeating an opponent w/built in advantages.

Also, I still do play EVE from time to time. I'm not looking to turn this game into EVE, I'm looking to either avoid Pay to Win in PvP, or make it painful to Pay to Win in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Either an item should be allowed in PvP or disabled in PvP. But possible destruction accomplishes nothing but make it even MORE pay-to-win...what about people who can afford to not only buy the item but to replace it repeatedly?
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Either an item should be allowed in PvP or disabled in PvP. But possible destruction accomplishes nothing but make it even MORE pay-to-win...what about people who can afford to not only buy the item but to replace it repeatedly?
Let them fund further STO development, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
So you're admitting to spending money for a built in PvP advantage and don't want to risk losing it? I think most PvPers would want this type of behavior reserved for PvE not PvP.

Wargazm, other then the word spiteful that's pretty much what I'd expect to have happen.
It's not about Paying to Win for me. It's about the hard earned money I spent to aquire some of the ships I found to be cool. Regardless to their effects in PVP. I didn't just buy Federation garbage, I also bought Klingon Garbage. And I wouldn't want some of the Novelity ships that I purchased, and spent a good amount of money on, destroyed and forced to spend MORE money just to keep using it. I mine as well have taken my money and thrown it into my toilet. That is how I feel about it. So your little "you admit to paying to win" molarcy is unwarrented. Heck, to be honest, If this game were like EVE, I doubt I'd be playing it. Mostly because I don't want to spend Months playing a game just to have that Months work destroyed in a few hours of game play and have to spend another series of months doing it all over again.
Closed Thread