Lt. Commander
# 1 Skyrim Collectors Edition!!
08-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Who's getting it? I am going to be preordering mine very soon..
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-06-2011, 12:48 PM
No way. I absolutely detest Elder scrolls now.

Morrowind can be completed in less than 10 minutes (go check speeddemos archive if u want, its all there) .

Oblivion can be completed in about 15 mins. (same, go check out SDA if u need proof)

I dont like the bugs, the game mechanics the ugly graphics or anything. Overrated tosh of the lowest order.

Then there was Fallout 3 . OK, I get why they made it, its like a hero worship thing. They still made it a painful and buggy experience.....

When I empty 3 clips from an SMG into the head of a DOG and it still wants to bite me, then all sense of immersion has vanished (and yes I know that blowing them up is faster but that just makes it worse).

Me and Bethesda do not see eye to eye on what makes a fun game. Thats all there is to it.

To the fans ... I hope you enjoy the game. I really do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Awww... while I would love another Daggerfall, I understand the technical limitations of trying to make a world that expansive using modern graphics..

Sure you could beat Morrowind really quickly, if you played that way.... but I probably sunk over 400 hours into the game.. probably 100 of which were on user-made mods... though admittedly I only go about 150 total hours of enjoyment out of Oblivion... it really depends on how you play an elder scrolls game.. if you rush through every main quest, sure they arent long... but if you do every little side quest its good fun..
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-06-2011, 01:08 PM
I've just recently gotten into the elder scrolls games.

So far far I've put 270 hours into it whith many more left. THis is a perfect time to get into TES now that Oblivion has ben out for awhile. That means any of the big bugs that were not addressed in the official patches have been fixed by the unofficial ones. And now there are thousand of mods that can add hundereds of hours of gameplay.

As far as graphics: I thought they were pretty good to start when maxed, but there are also a number of great graphics mods that greatly increase the textures quality etc....

btw... For anyone who has played the TES games, how many saves have you made? I'm nearly at save 6000, I'm pretty sure I have over 25gb is save files alone LOL
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-06-2011, 01:09 PM
one of the more expensive CE`s in awhile that gives nothing good for the value.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvyn View Post
No way. I absolutely detest Elder scrolls now.
-wonders why there is a wink-
Is this whole response sarcasm?

My first Bethesda game was Morrowind. I threw so many hours into that game. I love roaming around being able to do what I wanted. I played hundreds of hours and never got through all the quests.

Since then, I've gotten the collector's edition of Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas. I enjoyed them all and thought the cute little bonuses worth the extra $20.

So... I guess it depends on how much they're gonna really charge for the Skyrim CE. If they're only going to have the super-duper edition for $150 and that's it, I'll pass. If they're asking for $70-$80 for some kinda goodies, I'll probably go for it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto_von_Bismarck View Post
how many saves have you made? I'm nearly at save 6000, I'm pretty sure I have over 25gb is save files alone LOL
Geesh. I only save to a new slot when I think I might actually want to reload to experience a scene again. Otherwise I use about 4 rolling saves for each character, overwriting the oldest slot every hour or so. I see no point in filling up my drive with junk, I like to keep a lot of free space at all times.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Geesh. I only save to a new slot when I think I might actually want to reload to experience a scene again. Otherwise I use about 4 rolling saves for each character, overwriting the oldest slot every hour or so. I see no point in filling up my drive with junk, I like to keep a lot of free space at all times.
Yeah, I'll have to start deleting them at some point, I've gotten into a bad habbit of creating a new save after every loot chest, and every door in a dungeon haha
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-06-2011, 02:01 PM
I will... no doubt.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-06-2011, 02:29 PM
If 150$ is the new norm for CE pricing I see myself not buying them anymore.
Closed Thread