Go Back   Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
Project: ST-HJGVZQCX
Title: City of the Polmar Ree
Bug report ticket number: 1,174,426

Details of the bug:
This project, and several maps within it (populated with objects), existed before Season 4. It has never been published. Now when I edit this project in the re-opened editor, moving an object on a map causes a prompt that states:

"Moving the component to this map requires some properties to be reset. Do you wish to reset these properties? Yes / No"

These are objects that were placed on the map before Season 4. Now, attempting to move them to a different position on the same map causes the prompt to appear.

If I click "Yes", the object moves to the new position but changes to a different object. Attempting to move the object again does not cause the prompt.

If I click "No", the object moves to the new position and stays as the object it should be. However, attempting to move the object again causes the prompt.

Steps to recreate - on a space map:
  • Load project ST-HJGVZQCX and switch to the map entitled "Rogue planet 46WHDR" in the map editor.
  • Left-click on the object "Planet - Class Y 06 #1" (which is positioned over the top of the DS9 station that is part of the map template) (screenshot at http://tinyurl.com/3uk3epm ).
  • Left-click and drag this object to a different location on the map. The prompt will appear when you release the left mouse button (i.e. when you 'drop' the object at its new location) (screenshot at http://tinyurl.com/44gx9pr )
  • Select 'Yes', and the object changes. In this case, it becomes nothing... the 'Planet' dropdown selector has an exclamation mark symbol next to it. (Screenshot at http://tinyurl.com/3u35gk8 )

Note: an a different map, I did this exact procedure with a space station object, and it became an asteroid object.

Steps to recreate - on a ground map:
  • Load project ST-HJGVZQCX and switch to the map entitled "Arboretum" in the map editor.
  • Left-click on the object "Rock - Caves M 04 #3" (screenshot at http://tinyurl.com/3s9hqdl ).
  • Left-click and drag this object to a different location on the map. The prompt will appear when you release the left mouse button (i.e. when you 'drop' the object at its new location) (screenshot at http://tinyurl.com/4x9lr6z )
  • Select 'Yes', and the object changes. In this case, it becomes "Artifact - Alien M 01". (Screenshot at http://tinyurl.com/4xpjnjr )

EDIT:
This is the same issue as reported by soriedem at http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=222801
and mentioned (amongst other issues) by Pure_big_mad_boat_man at http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=227019
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2012, 12:15 AM
Once again Alimac30 you have helped me. Got this on an old mission I was hoping to publish soon. Ouch it hurts. I guess I have a question towards weathur anyone has found this to effect the way trigger work on any particular map.?

Okay found that if you change one element on the map then save all is fixed to it's original player ability. I can't believe I didn't look at this mission earlier, should have it up and running within the day. Yah!, Good work cryptic for fixing a very impossible old issue. Kudos.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Hey filbones.

This issue (still) affects the Arboretum map in 'City of the Polmar Ree', but is only an issue in the editor. The map, and the mission, have been working fine ever since I published them in November.

I think that the error message only appears when you click-and-drag an object on the map to move it. If you move it by editing the co-ords, the message doesn't appear.

Does that help?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2012, 05:44 AM
There is another aspect to this too. I find that any Pre-S4 missions you manipulate in this way, if you have a costume on something you move, it will very likely clear that costume off the npc altogether, very annoying if you have a npc group you are trying to move and all 5 of the actors have costumes
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2012, 02:27 PM
This dialog is only supposed to happen when a component gets moved between space and ground maps, since you can't have starships on the ground or giant floating people in space. Also, certain animations only work for people.

As a work around, you can always note the costume and animation a component has, click OK, and then set the costume and animation afterward.

Can you give the shortcode for a project where this is still happening?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2012, 10:32 PM
a mission this is occurring in (presently not published) is one of mine.
the present title is *test*Digging in the Dust
ID #: ST-HE3LVPUI7
ON the map marked Goralis IIIm any attempt to move an NPC placed on the map results in the popup message about needing to reset some properties. This map is STRICTLY a ground exterior map.

As previously stated confirming this action will wipe any costuming set to the object. This has occurred since the time of the restoration of access to our projects after the nastiness of the Season 4 debacle.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2012, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinder View Post
Can you give the shortcode for a project where this is still happening?
This is still happening in the "Arboretum" ground map and the "Rogue planet 46WHDR" space map in project ST-HJGVZQCX ("City of the Polmar Ree"), as per my original post.

As an example of this, on the "Arboretum" ground map, left-click any of the windows around the circular walkway and drag it to a new position on the map; the error prompt will appear.

Conversely, if you simply select one of the window objects and move it by editing its co-ords (instead of dragging it around on the top-down map preview) the prompt does not appear.

It is worth noting the following circumstances:

* the maps affected by this bug were created before the Season 4 launch
* the mission was never published until months later (after all the post-S4-launch Foundry down-time)
* the error prompt bug only started occurring after the Season 4 launch.

This bug only seems to affect maps that were created prior to the Season 4 launch and went through the storm of issues at that time. Specifically, it only affects objects added to those maps before the Season 4 launch; adding objects to the maps now, and then moving those objects around, does not cause the prompt to appear.

I hope this is useful info

Quote:
This dialog is only supposed to happen when a component gets moved between space and ground maps, since you can't have starships on the ground or giant floating people in space. Also, certain animations only work for people.
By the way, is it even possible to move a component from one map to another in the Foundry? Am I missing a useful bit of functionality?!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Have you pressed Ctrl-X or Ctrl-C lately?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Have you pressed Ctrl-X or Ctrl-C lately?
No, I don't use those when I'm building and editing maps. I use the copy button and the trash can.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2012, 11:26 AM
No.

I litereally, just to get the text right, loaded up my mission, went to the map I statted, and moved the first NPC group I came to in the objects list.

This occurs when moving any npc group or individual actor for sure, I seem to recall it actually popped up the message anytime I moved an 'old' object(anything already placed on the map prior to season 4's release) period