Lt. Commander
# 41
09-06-2011, 11:54 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEra View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Think again.
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Hey Rogue,

If you like, you can pick any of the missions below. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Alpha and Omega - The Prologue
by Mazimer

Synopsis: When mounting an attack on the Klingons, a new race intercepts your fleet, and sets up a story arc in a dramatic way.
Originally played in a 2-man team as recommended, solo on 2nd play.

Story > 3.5 / 5
Improvement on the first map from the first time I looked at it. A lot more context as to why I am there.
Having to escape from the battle was fun, but it was a downer to get destroyed right as the review window popped up. Maybe have the player get boxed in by invisible walls with enemies all around if they are supposed to get captured?
Definitely on the short side, though it is a prologue.

Look&Feel > 3 / 5
Meeting up with the fleet had a nice feel to it.
Nice "it's a trap" notion.
All dialogue was well written.
Holoemitters- I was confused here. Were the enemies supposed to be pretending to be those random ship types?
Maybe re-name the enemy ships at the end - unknown vessel? Unless they're supposed to be the named ship types.

Tech > 3.5 / 5
Having to interact with the object to scan the planet wasn't executed that well - I overshot it by a lot and had to circle back around. Maybe make it a giant object interact around the planet?
Surprising spawn on reached markers worked well.
Pretty straightforward, nothing to see here. A few reskinned ships to explain holoemitter tech.

Difficulty > 3 / 5
Fights were all good difficulty, though the surprise ambush at the end of the mission was a little frustrating.

*Revised* Overall rating > 3 / 5

Beginning of an interesting story arc with a short setup. A few minor tech issues and an "interesting" way to end the mission were a few obstacles keeping this prologue from scoring higher.
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Chronotons and Klingons
by CaptPFDennis

Synopsis: A mission through the Bajoran wormhole has a strange detour to a climactic moment in Starfleet, Klingon and Romulan history, and you might meet a few ancestors you wouldn't expect.

Story > 4 / 5
Klingon vs Romulan story went well. Though why the map transition inside the wormhole? I see, it's figured out later. Maybe more "this isn't right" earlier? Not sure how far Khitomer is from the bajoran wormhole.
Liked the conversation with Rozenko, smart way to work that in.
Dialog a little clunky when saving the nursemaid but the overall experience is good, rectifying the timeline and whatnot.
Still don't understand how the wormhole and the time travel are connected! Could use some more technobabble.

Look & Feel > 4 / 5
Where's DS9 near the wormhole on the first map? I think the player starts on the wrong side of it.
Nouns appear to be occasionally capitalized when they dont need to be in dialog, mostly early on.
Transporter effect when hailing the klingon in the wormhole?
Warp in through a planet at starbase 24
Well laid out maps on Khitomer itself, the warp star effects for the anomalies looked good.
Rectifying the timeline and dancing through starfleet and romulan forces was great.
Some of the romulan ships are too modern for the time period, maybe costume change these to the older style?

Tech > 4 / 5
Liked the effects of getting sucked to a different point in the wormhole and the anomaly out at the end.
Found a UGC contact amongst the injured Klingons
Beaming on on starbase 24 is very specific. maybe use an invisible object on the main part of the starbase itself instead?

Difficulty > 4 / 5
Pretty spot on, though the romulans at the end rift encounter could've been a little bit beefier to give a better challenge, like history records.

Overall Rating > 4 stars / 5

A very solid mission that takes the player to some critically historic times. The nature of the time travel plot could be a bit better explained and there are some very minor issues but overall this has a cool plot that should be experienced.

Photo album: www.photobucket.com/chronotonsandklingons
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Hey Rouge, can you do Part II of "Descent into Madness" when you get the chance?

Level 41+ FED
Eta Eridani sector block

Thanks look forward to your feedback!
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Well, i've taken your + a couple of other people's reviews into consideration, fixed all the bugs and i'd like you to play the mission again :p

Name: Alpha And Omega - The Prologue
Lvl 41+

Start: Deep Space K.7, Eta Eridani
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Decent into Madness Part II
by: Futurecaptain

Synopsis:

Story > 4 / 5
Liked the negotiation with the ferengi on Drozana, could even spice it up more for a more dramatic feel instead of "offer them the most latinum and they'll do anything you say".
Great discussion with Melani. Good writing.
All the overall characterization of the main foe was very well done, I definitely see why you chose the name of the series now.

Look&Feel > 4 / 5
Some maps are zipped through pretty quickly, with just one interaction or discussion. It would be nice to enjoy them a bit more!
Decent feel aboard all of the ships that were boarded with my away team.
Loved the feel on board the Orion ship.
Blocks of text in dialog occasionally - when the antagonist figures out I'm reading her logs. Break 'em up into paragraphs when you can.

Tech > 3.5 / 5
Selecting "we were attacked by both Klingon and Gorn ships" loops the dialog after the admiral retorts. Would have been nice to have my next dialog choice been to lead straight into the next question. It's minor, but still.
Leaving K7 still results in "Begin mission" button being there. It's a little confusing.
Scanning first dead borg - ship engineer appears instead of away team engineer.
Loved the duplicate orion trick - the easy kills made it feel that much more like she was messing with me.
Pretty standard otherwise.

Difficulty > 3 / 5
All combat was pretty easy.
All waypoint-based objectives were easy to find.

Overall > 4 stars / 5
Atmospheric improvement from Part I, really liking the characterization of the antagonist which is the high point of this mission and keeps the score high. Looking forward to part 3.

Photo album: www.photobucket.com/decentintomadness2
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Mazimer, I took a look at your mission again and updated my original post.

That's it as far as backlog goes, and I'll take review requests if anyone's got any more.
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
Mazimer, I took a look at your mission again and updated my original post.

That's it as far as backlog goes, and I'll take review requests if anyone's got any more.
i totally forgot about renaming the attacking fleet, DAMN
and the overshooting of the scan part, it's approx 2 km behind if u go in a straight line and most ppl won't be able to see it. it's a short scan and u can finish it well before 7km out. i applied this to avoid the ugly object named "object" which you can't rename in foundry :w

as for the getting captured part, nope, they get destroyed and abandon ship.

tnx for the rereview