Lt. Commander
# 1 BBB rating of Cryptic
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Due to some issues I'm having with another company, I was on the Better Busniess Buerus site today. I then remembered a low rating from cryptic last year, so I though "hey I wonder how they are doing now." Cryptic's BBB raiting is now an A+.

You rock Cryptic!!!!!!

http://sanjose.bbb.org/business-revi...atos-CA-221613
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-06-2011, 09:32 PM
That's good, the last business I looked up on there got an F. It was a company that manufactured heart monitors. *sigh* It's unnerving to find a videogame developing group has better customer relations than folks in healthcare.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2011, 10:21 AM
The rating seems to hinge more on if and how a company responds to BBB complaints instead of the nature or how many complaints there are. I have seen companies with far less complaints have a D or F rating due to unanswered or unresolved complaints. Kudos to Cryptic studios for maintaining the A+.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Good thing the BBB doesn't visit the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Hah, back when STO came out they had like... a D. Cryptic was taking a TON of flak, both from CO and the soon to release STO.

And honestly, it kinda shocked me: having played loads of COH when they were in charge, I was always impressed with how they handled things. Not always perfectly, but if I needed a GM I rarely had too painful of a wait, and they have always been pretty open to the playerbase.

Say what you will about Crypitc: sure, they don't have the largest resources, sure their ambitions seem to frequently and massively outweigh their abilities, sure STO's release felt rushed... but at least they've always been incredibly awesome with their community relations, and that's actually something: shows they seem to geniunely care, and as a player that's always a concern. When you have an MMO where the devs seemingly do whatever they want and outright ignore the community, well... you get SWG. :p