Lt. Commander
# 21
08-07-2011, 03:48 AM
So Cryptic folks don't like to say 'no', hence they say "extremely unlikely" and they only way people can interpret this is: "It's gonna happen eventually since they did not say 'no'."

The similarities between the T5 Connie and my joke idea that the Borg are going to employ assimilated giant space dragons are striking:
They are both completely ridicilous jokes that are only "extremely unlikely" since noone from Cryptic explicitly ever stated "not gonna happen...ever"

The difference is only that while I recongnise my idea is a joke and it's not gonna happen because it's ridicilous, the T5 Connie camp is in a state of complete denial regarding these points.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-07-2011, 04:48 AM
hmm... a t5 Connie... Let me think about that for a minute

hypothetical situation: TOS Constitution class ship... let's say, the Enterprise 1701, the flagship of the fleet... versus... hmm, let's go flagship vs flagship, TNG Galaxy class Enterprise D... I give the 1701 about, oh, probably about a snowball's chance in a supernova. Galaxy class would destroy the Connie completely in 2 volleys... That's 2 volleys IF AND ONLY IF Kirk is in command of the Connie, otherwise it would only take 1. That's why there will never be a t5 TOS ship. T2 at MOST. The old stuff, as pretty as it might be (though personally I like the look of the newer ships more), just can't compete tech-wise with the new stuff. They even cover that in game when we have to go back in time to rescue Miral Paris and have to destroy a Klingon ship sent back to give the Klingons the tech edge. There is absolutely no reason for there to be a t5 TOS ship.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-07-2011, 04:51 AM
Jesus. How hard would it be to say that the new tech is put into an old frame. It worked for the excelsior it can work with a constitution refit as well.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-07-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Jesus. How hard would it be to say that the new tech is put into an old frame. It worked for the excelsior it can work with a constitution refit as well.
They did... and the best tech they could squeeze into every nook and cranny only brought it UP TO a t1 modern ship.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeforce
They did... and the best tech they could squeeze into every nook and cranny only brought it UP TO a t1 modern ship.
Wow way to screw up what I said. I mentioned Constitution REFIT. not TOS constitution.
you're not much of a trek fan are you? or do you just pew pew in game.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Putting new stuff in the old fram does not make the frame stronger hence it would not withstand the forces involved in getting stot at.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-07-2011, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Putting new stuff in the old fram does not make the frame stronger hence it would not withstand the forces involved in getting stot at.
Then remake the frame with new material?

There is always a simple answer for anything in Sci Fi.

::Waits for someone to pull the CBS said no response after this ownage statement::
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-07-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Then remake the frame with new material?

There is always a simple answer for anything in Sci Fi.

::Waits for someone to pull the CBS said no response after this ownage statement::
Why would anyone take an old and obsolete design and re-build it with new material?

*waits for someone to pull some dumb automobile marketting joke to use even though it as an example that does not apply to military equipment*
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Wow way to screw up what I said. I mentioned Constitution REFIT. not TOS constitution.
you're not much of a trek fan are you? or do you just pew pew in game.
I only missed the original airings of TOS by a few years... but I still grew up with it in reruns, watched it every chance I got. Then in high school it was TNG. Never got into DS9 or ENT much but I quite enjoyed VOY. Read several novelizations from various time periods... No, I'm not a trek fan at all. *glances over at the bookshelf where an extensive library of trek DVDs, books, and even toys rest* Not a fan at all.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-07-2011, 05:03 AM
There has to be another reason as to why the connie cant be used at a T5 ship based on its age. We do have a T5 Vulcan ship which is a lot older design that the connie in game right now.