Lt. Commander
# 21
08-09-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
Like two batterties at once, and not as effective as either a shield or a aux battery. Plus it eats a console slot.

As for the RI console. It's an 8 second breather every 3 minutes. Hardly earth shattering. Especially bearing in mind that the stealth period can be broken if you get close enough to them or have good stealth sight. If you do break the stealth, they can't shoot back/heal until they manually end the stealth period, by activating the power again.

My prediction is that the RI console will be a minor annoyance, nothing more.

You touched on the one instance where it could/will become more than that though. The LRSV-R. I think some sort of shared cooldown is necessary, in this case. Or maybe some method of having only one of these special powers at once.

Just my humble opinion
The problem, as I see it, is that this provides another easy way to counter a alphastrike.. Imagine a Eng in a Intrepid.

1st Alphastrike is absorbed by RSP
2nd Alphastrike is avoided by PhotDisplacement
3nd Alphastrike is absorbed by TacT+RSF
4rd Alphastrike is absorbed by TSS2/3 + EP2S
5th Alphastrike is avoided by using ablative when other counters are on CD

Use MW whenever nessecary.

It is simply too easy to avoid or absorb a alphastrike, the main problem with this console is that 1: Only Feds get it and 2: It provides another "haha you just wasted 8+ buffs" counter to Alphas
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-09-2011, 06:05 AM
i dont see why everyone complains about everything new .. klingons have cerriers so everyone cpmplains .. then it was complain about FAW ... FAW worked very well to clear all the spam fighters and sci. spam so all the ppl that complained about faw made it better for the kdf and sci ppl....then it was the oberth console all it is ..is a glorifide batt. nothing to get happy about .. now its the RI console ...get over it play the game the why its made and to all you ppl that complain about it being pay to win get a job i have 2 sons that play this game 8 yrs. old and 10. yrs old and they can go out and wash cars clean yards for 1 day and come back with over $120 and they dont need help to get there jobs so what does that say about you.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
You touched on the one instance where it could/will become more than that though. The LRSV-R. I think some sort of shared cooldown is necessary, in this case. Or maybe some method of having only one of these special powers at once.
Yes, this is the main issue. The LRSV-R is arguably the most powerful ship in game already, and it will also benefit from the RI console. If they made the console useless on the LRSV-R (by sharing full CD time with ablative) it would simply bring the other sciships closer to the Intrepid in performance, and that would be a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
It is simply too easy to avoid or absorb a alphastrike
^^ Big issue! Too many "oh ****!" buttons. With this console, a LRSV-R will have 3 one-click systems that saves it from a alpha strike. Ablative, RSP, and RI console. You'll have a escape button coming off CD every minute, and saving up buffs for a alpha stike takes way longer than one minute!
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
^^ Big issue! Too many "oh ****!" buttons. With this console, a LRSV-R will have 3 one-click systems that saves it from a alpha strike. Ablative, RSP, and RI console. You'll have a escape button coming off CD every minute, and saving up buffs for a alpha stike takes way longer than one minute!
4 or 5 actually.. Its not that hard to fire off Evasive or a Deut and move out of the 45 deg cannonarcs

But then again, you also have to actually move your ship in that case :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheras View Post
THIS !! I just couldnt agree more .Thank you for speaking my mind as well !
As hard as i try ,i simply fail to comprehend how anyone can find any type of joy in doing repetetive daily PvE missions.Unless perhaps they are with friends role playing or something.
The very heart of PvE dailys deprive Star Trek most fundamental aspect to explore the unknown and face new challenges.How on earth is the PVE community leading the way in this game in such an absolute way ?
I don't even do the daily pvp missions, i will forget to collect and find it a week later. The daily system is meaningless to a lot of people, myself included. I play STO for the challenge that pvp provides however it is increasingly becoming too challenging. as a KDF BoP captain the introduction of things like harpengs, the FAW(which hit everyone hard) the cloaking mines, and tactical team has gradually made pvp increasingly difficult, each one individually has had minimal impact but together the continuous fed only items have created a problem that is only getting worse.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I cannot say PvP in STO is altogether great and I will not blow smoke by saying it is anywhere NEAR balanced.

However, the Oberth Console?... Seriously? It is not that powerful... It really isn't. It is a weak Shield Batter and Aux Battery turned into a Console which shares a cooldown with batteries... It just is not very good.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
I cannot say PvP in STO is altogether great and I will not blow smoke by saying it is anywhere NEAR balanced.

However, the Oberth Console?... Seriously? It is not that powerful... It really isn't. It is a weak Shield Batter and Aux Battery turned into a Console which shares a cooldown with batteries... It just is not very good.
But you have to remember, it frees up a device slot so you can take the fighters, or that thingy that's makes you phase out or(if the ever give more device slot items) one of those as well. It makes having device slots for batteries pointless. Why take a shield battery and aux battery when you can take this and free up 2 device slots too.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Zoidberg has not been reassigned to PvE duty, as he has only space traits. So I may drop in from time to time. If cryptic manages to straighten out the flaws somewhere down the line, he may even be back full time eventually.
I just couldn't keep off your post anymore. You still love PvP regardless if your taking a break. We've got new fleet members ready to try PvP with us so we can get an O13 group made here soon. If not, we will try and hook up with some of the other KDF fleets who love to pvp and stick it to the feds regardless of their new toys.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-09-2011, 11:19 PM
PVP is what I do, & 95% of that as a Klingon. It's not a lot of fun being a Klingon at the moment.
[Rant]
The infinite stacking of Peng procs is just out of control.
All the new goodies are for the Feds. Where is the "Design the new Klingon Flagship" contest?
& now the Feds are getting a torpedo that hits cloaked ships? Really? Mount one of those & some Pengs + your faction only consoles in your Intrepids & blow the Klingon Faction right out of STO.
Did we offend someone at Cryptic or something? Is this payback?
You're putting pay to win ships in the C-store, & according to the latest STOked, that's the whole idea. If you want the OP stuff, you have to pay extra.
I already pay a subscription fee. I don't want to have to pay extra to be competitive.
What about the PVEers? You want those first place trophy's for the various Fleet actions? Pay up.
[/Rant]
Make Klingons F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
PVP is what I do, & 95% of that as a Klingon. It's not a lot of fun being a Klingon at the moment.
[Rant]
The infinite stacking of Peng procs is just out of control.
All the new goodies are for the Feds. Where is the "Design the new Klingon Flagship" contest?
& now the Feds are getting a torpedo that hits cloaked ships? Really? Mount one of those & some Pengs + your faction only consoles in your Intrepids & blow the Klingon Faction right out of STO.
Did we offend someone at Cryptic or something? Is this payback?
You're putting pay to win ships in the C-store, & according to the latest STOked, that's the whole idea. If you want the OP stuff, you have to pay extra.
I already pay a subscription fee. I don't want to have to pay extra to be competitive.
What about the PVEers? You want those first place trophy's for the various Fleet actions? Pay up.
[/Rant]
Make Klingons F2P.
I believe CapLogan said it would be a few months for the contest and really it will be a vote for this ship contest. Not a design one. He has to create a few different options and send them to CBS. Then they will accept which one we can vote on as a community and then that ship will be it. Pengs suck straight out. Some matches I don't see a single one. Another match I'm getting hit with multiple pengs and just happy its my eng cruiser who can survive those.