Ensign
For the past 3 or 4 days I have not been able to play STO. I log in just fine and find my ship hovering just above ds9 ( where I left it the last time the game worked) , and then it goes down hill. The dialog box from ds9 dock command pops up ( the one that allows you to dock at ds9 or ignore) and I hit continue, dock or the close button....but it stays on screen. No matter what I do it just sits there in the way. I have ignored it and tried to leave the system.....but my ship won't move. I've tried to transwarp to another system. The animation of my ship going to transwarp plays......but I don't leave ds9 and my ship re-appears in the same spot after 6 to 8 seconds. I can't do doff missions, sell items in my inventory or refine dilithium. I can't play pvp missions or even simply go to full impulse....my ship will not move! This is a problem with the game or server or something.
I have not installed or removed any programs from my comp.....I did a completely fresh re-install of windows today and re-installed STO...still the same problem. It is not a computer problem....Ive had my rig checked out and was told it should be kicking this games a**.
I just want to play again....can anyone offer a solution to this problem?
Lieutenant
# 2
01-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Hello there!

Try docking with DS9 then logging out. Once out, relog and then launch your ship from dock and test. Let me know how that goes.

Jenna

Been playing since launch.
Ensign
# 3
01-19-2013, 01:15 AM
I guess you didn't completely read my post, because I said in it that when I press the dock with ds9 button nothing happens. In fact, the only thing I can do is just sit and look at my f**king ship since nothing happens when I press any of the buttons except for the transwarp buttons. I explained in my original post what happens when I try to transwarp to another starbase. I've been reading other threads and it seems others are having similar problems.....so where are the DEVs? I havn't been able to play in 5 days now. They could at least act like they give a crap about our problems and offer some useful suggestions.
Career Officer
# 4
01-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoenhiem1 View Post
... I've been reading other threads and it seems others are having similar problems.....so where are the DEVs? I havn't been able to play in 5 days now. They could at least act like they give a crap about our problems and offer some useful suggestions.
In case you haven't noticed, this Forum is for 'Peer to Peer' support... If you want a response from Cryptic/PWE, you should be posting this issue on the PWE Tech Support Forum... http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
Lieutenant
# 5
01-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoenhiem1 View Post
I guess you didn't completely read my post, because I said in it that when I press the dock with ds9 button nothing happens. In fact, the only thing I can do is just sit and look at my f**king ship since nothing happens when I press any of the buttons except for the transwarp buttons. I explained in my original post what happens when I try to transwarp to another starbase. I've been reading other threads and it seems others are having similar problems.....so where are the DEVs? I havn't been able to play in 5 days now. They could at least act like they give a crap about our problems and offer some useful suggestions.
Annnnnnd clearly you DIDN'T fully read my post. I said try docking with DS9 then logging out. I didn't say: Make sure you dock, wait for DS9 to load and then log.

I understand that you're frustrated, I would be too, but cussing and jumping on the person trying to help you is a quick way for us to ignore you. We don't work for PWE, ergo, I don't have to be nice or put up with BS from angry customer's.

So, either work with me, or don't, but don't sit there and be a jerk toward the person trying to help you.

Jenna

Been playing since launch.