Lt. Commander
# 1 Gravity Well
08-10-2011, 10:36 PM
What does this ability even do?

The tooltip says nothing about what it does. It say's aux power affects it, but I see no difference after using it with 125 aux and 50 aux. Not even the -repel differ from levels.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-10-2011, 11:46 PM
well, I read two conflicting info on the forum here.

but basically, it summon a "black hole" at the location of your target and try to pull any enemy within 3km into the center of it. it does some Kinetic Damages and if these target shield is down, then they'll take some dmg. Other wise the shield absorb it like Torpedoes hit.

The conflicting Info I read is one said. GW1 is weak and GW3 pull better. Another info (guide in Fed SHip Yard) said that AUX power only effect the dmg. The -REPEL part barely get effected by AUX power level or rank of power.

Which leads me to believe that GW3 is useless if there's no different in -REPEL unless I want the Kinetic Damage increase.

Tool Tips in game doesn't help much.

PS. 12th Fleet is open for new member?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2011, 12:29 AM
/ whew took me a while searching
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...00&postcount=1
Quote:
Gravity Well:
Added skill modifier to pull effect.
Gravity Well I (unskilled) - Slow speed is snared, ave speed might escape, fast speed generally escapes
Gravity Well I (skilled) - Slow speed is snared, ave speed rarely escapes, fast speed might escape
Gravity Well II (unskilled) - Slow speed is snared, ave speed rarely escapes, fast speed might escape
Gravity Well II (skilled) - Slow speed is snared, ave speed snared, fast speed unlikely to escape
Gravity Well III (unskilled) - Slow speed is snared, ave speed snared, fast speed unlikely to escape
Gravity Well III (skilled) - Slow speed is snared, ave speed snared, fast speed rarely escapes
Improved pull slightly, with each version getting stronger from I to II to III
Improved damage slightly for each version
Increased variance of pull for lower versions, allowing for greater odds of fast ships escaping
These changes largely effect PvE ships and pets. Players still have their direct counters that allow for escaping a well and would generally employ them to reliably escape a Gravity Well II or higher.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2011, 08:08 AM
It doesn't tell me how the auxiliary power effects G. Well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atswin
well, I read two conflicting info on the forum here.

but basically, it summon a "black hole" at the location of your target and try to pull any enemy within 3km into the center of it. it does some Kinetic Damages and if these target shield is down, then they'll take some dmg. Other wise the shield absorb it like Torpedoes hit.

The conflicting Info I read is one said. GW1 is weak and GW3 pull better. Another info (guide in Fed SHip Yard) said that AUX power only effect the dmg. The -REPEL part barely get effected by AUX power level or rank of power.

Which leads me to believe that GW3 is useless if there's no different in -REPEL unless I want the Kinetic Damage increase.

Tool Tips in game doesn't help much.

PS. 12th Fleet is open for new member?
I've tested the damage of G. Well, with different aux power but all had the same damage.

12th fleet is always open 4 new members.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-11-2011, 09:51 AM
well according to this sticky post. AUX moderately effect Gravity Well power.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=180912

according to your test...the DMG doesn't increase noticibly with higher AUX.

I hope that help.

I'm planning to have an officer to have GW3 and compare it with GW1.

-Mark
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I think it is supposed to icrease damage ill log on now and check. problem is i dont think in increases it that much. so you may have long stretches say between 100-125 pwr levels where it doesnt increase damage. will check.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Aux power increases damage, as well as a slight increase in repel values (I believe this is vastly more reliant upon skill level, however).

A well spec'd GW 3 at high Aux does very nice damage and is quite hard to escape.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-13-2011, 04:41 PM
So I tested Gravity Well III out with 124 aux and +216 to spatial anamoly(max is 236 for those who is curious) total and noticed no difference in terms of damage. Played around with the aux and removing the tomographic imager and still noticed no difference. It did a constant est. 500 DPS when target is @ center of the G. Well.

If anything, I think it only modifies the snare, not the damage.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving_J
So I tested Gravity Well III out with 124 aux and +216 to spatial anamoly(max is 228 for those who is curious) total and noticed no difference in terms of damage. Played around with the aux and removing the tomographic imager and still noticed no difference. It did a constant est. 500 DPS when target is @ center of the G. Well.

If anything, I think it only modifies the snare, not the damage.
There's definitely something wonky there; mine is at 95 Aux and I get around 1500 (kinetic) dmg/sec with a 0.54 snare.

Are you looking at the tooltip or actual damage?