Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
08-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank65
...
And to borrow a line from the movie DUNE "God created Arakis for the faithful"

Well Cryptic created the KDF for the Faithful
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
"He who controls the spice controls the universe"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
And raktajino is very spicy...
This is the best thing I've read all day! Thank you.

And...yes, it is very hard to level a Klingon - but I'm still having a blast with him. It's just agonizingly slow going.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
08-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Leveling without moving heh, very boring but you get good xp, its sad this is all we really have plus exploration. I just don't know what to do with my 500+ level 2 and level 1 badges though, so I didn't even bother to do the exploration grind at Commander.

Spin the Wheel > What Lies Beneath
Spin the Wheel > What Lies Beneath
Spin the Wheel > What Lies Beneath
Spin the Wheel > What Lies Beneath
Spin the Wheel > What Lies Beneath
Spin the Wheel > What Lies Beneath
Spin the Wheel > What Lies Beneath
Spin the Wheel > What Lies Beneath

Throw in the occasional Skirmish for personal shields for all.

On a side note I now have enough Miniguns and Armor to equip all the Freman
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
08-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconman229 View Post
i am not impressed. you put like 5000 missions into the federation. then you put 100 missions into klingons then, 10 missions that can be repeated every 30min during a day!

you could make SO many story missions for klingons why were they not added?

i mean... you can only do the same quests so many times in one day before you loose interest...
Well the game was developed in under two years so the Klingon faction got the short end of the stick; we'll see if anything changes now that Atari is out of the picture....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
08-10-2011, 11:55 AM
With the staggering number of bugs which make KDF playing hard I'm short before leaving AGAIN .
I doubt Cryptic will do much to hammer them out and they seem to fail to understand that keeping KDF happy might be better for the entire game. Instead I see Fed goddies and ueberthings like the new RI coming out or have come out since I came back .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
08-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconman229 View Post
i am not impressed. you put like 5000 missions into the federation. then you put 100 missions into klingons then, 10 missions that can be repeated every 30min during a day!

you could make SO many story missions for klingons why were they not added?

i mean... you can only do the same quests so many times in one day before you loose interest...
well, for one, this is a video game and therefore a "waste of time"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
08-14-2011, 04:54 PM
A: is KDF a waste of time? No.
B: Are there far fewer missions to do for KDF compared to FED? Yes

A: Is KDF being ignored? No
B: Does it feel like it takes forever for new stuff the be released for KDF in a healthy state? yes

It is easy to be dramatic considering how long STO has been running with the KDF still very much a shell faction. The KDF faction is most certainly not a waste of time, if it was then nobody would care so much about it's current state. Keep the faith and keep it constructive please. With any luck the mission writers and designers will see what Klingons, Gorn, Nausicaans, and Orions really want to see for missions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
08-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
A: is KDF a waste of time? No.
B: Are there far fewer missions to do for KDF compared to FED? Yes

A: Is KDF being ignored? No
B: Does it feel like it takes forever for new stuff the be released for KDF in a healthy state? yes

It is easy to be dramatic considering how long STO has been running with the KDF still very much a shell faction. The KDF faction is most certainly not a waste of time, if it was then nobody would care so much about it's current state. Keep the faith and keep it constructive please. With any luck the mission writers and designers will see what Klingons, Gorn, Nausicaans, and Orions really want to see for missions.
Sorry but the game been out for over a year know. Every other beta issue has been resolve expect the klingons. To date the klingons have been Last minute after thoughts in this game.

And the devlopers have said nothing more new for klingon unless there more players. So really as far as I see can klingon faction is pretty much dead. I know I have only log into my KDF character once since season 4. I have no desire to play a bug faction (Cloak bug), with very litte content made less with gate FE only for KDF, No new content since season 2 other then gate FE which are written with starfleet player in mind and not KDF, NO ship customization below General without C-store purchase, and every little in outfit customization.


Personl gave up hope after we saw what we got so far with season 4.

Heck in march we told we be able to start with klingon character in season 4. Well that has yet to happen.

Take this little example last month the release Star Fleet Academy. Would it really have hurt to wait to release that till Klingon Counter part was done?



Nor do i have intrested in play in faction that every time get forget about by the devlopers every time they add something new to game. And if not forget we get thing later. I am we still have no counter for Diplomatic. Sure we rumor to get with DOFF but that if the DOFF system launch and if KDF side Launch with FEd. Past track record say NOPE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
08-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
A: Is KDF being ignored? No
Unfortunately the KDF are being rather well ignored. Luckily for diehard KDF players ... the way this game has been developed for the past 6 months, the federation is feeling the effects of being ignored as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
08-15-2011, 12:30 AM
I've given up on Cryptic and their Federation first stance, after Season 4 and that the KDF shall pay through C-Store for new ship skins. Trying to squeeze money out of the already poor faction ist not fair treatment.

Weh ave been ignrored for new PVE content for a long time, heck even the FEs are favour Federation gameplay.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
08-15-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
Sorry but the game been out for over a year know. Every other beta issue has been resolve expect the klingons. To date the klingons have been Last minute after thoughts in this game.

And the devlopers have said nothing more new for klingon unless there more players. So really as far as I see can klingon faction is pretty much dead. I know I have only log into my KDF character once since season 4. I have no desire to play a bug faction (Cloak bug), with very litte content made less with gate FE only for KDF, No new content since season 2 other then gate FE which are written with starfleet player in mind and not KDF, NO ship customization below General without C-store purchase, and every little in outfit customization.


Personl gave up hope after we saw what we got so far with season 4.

Heck in march we told we be able to start with klingon character in season 4. Well that has yet to happen.

Take this little example last month the release Star Fleet Academy. Would it really have hurt to wait to release that till Klingon Counter part was done?



Nor do i have intrested in play in faction that every time get forget about by the devlopers every time they add something new to game. And if not forget we get thing later. I am we still have no counter for Diplomatic. Sure we rumor to get with DOFF but that if the DOFF system launch and if KDF side Launch with FEd. Past track record say NOPE.
The following "launch issues" afflicting the Klingons have been fixed.

At launch the Klingons did not have an end game cruiser, they now have 3.

At launch the Klingons did not have a pure science vessel, they now have one.

At launch the Klingons had no exploration missions, they now have exploration options throughout levelling.

At launch the Klingons only had three ships available at end game, they now have 10.

At launch the Klingons had no story driven missions, they now have 8 faction exclusive missions and 3 Featured Episode chains with more on the way.

The list actually goes on but I've pretty much lost patience with this discussion. The short of it is, the Klingons are not on par with the Federation in terms of content but they are alot better than they used to be, they are being worked on and improved constantly. Now, you can harp endlessly on the things that have yet to be fixed, or need to be fixed, or should be fixed. And there will always be things that need to be fixed or should be fixed so if that's how you get your jollies you've got a jolly life ahead of you. But don't say they are being ignored when there is ample evidence to the contrary, it cheapens the discussion into one about your hurt feelings.

Quote:
Take this little example last month the release Star Fleet Academy. Would it really have hurt to wait to release that till Klingon Counter part was done?
And this would have just been silly and illogical. If something is finished it should get added to the game. Waiting until they could add a Klingon version at the same time would have done nothing, it wouldn't even have made you feel better because the Cloak is still broken and you've already discounted FE's and New Qonos missions as "new content" so I know you're not going to count Academy missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
I've given up on Cryptic and their Federation first stance, after Season 4 and that the KDF shall pay through C-Store for new ship skins. Trying to squeeze money out of the already poor faction ist not fair treatment.

Weh ave been ignrored for new PVE content for a long time, heck even the FEs are favour Federation gameplay.
If you're leaving can I have your stuff? If you're not leaving, then what do you mean by 'giving up?'
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 PM.