Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
08-15-2011, 06:04 AM
The fact of the matter is, it seems whenver the schedule gets tight, KDF are the first to feel the pinch. From what I can gather, they're enthusiastic about making the KDF better, but for whatever reason, haven't been able/willing to prioratize it. The responses from various Devs don't seem to tally with what's happened so far.

If Cryptic is saying "no new content until more players", that's a cop out. If you make the content, the players will come. But as it is now, they're not giving people an incentive to come, wether this is on purpose or not so less content has to be developd, I'm not sure. But it is unpleasant.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
08-15-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The fact of the matter is, it seems whenver the schedule gets tight, KDF are the first to feel the pinch. From what I can gather, they're enthusiastic about making the KDF better, but for whatever reason, haven't been able/willing to prioratize it. The responses from various Devs don't seem to tally with what's happened so far.

If Cryptic is saying "no new content until more players", that's a cop out. If you make the content, the players will come. But as it is now, they're not giving people an incentive to come, wether this is on purpose or not so less content has to be developd, I'm not sure. But it is unpleasant.
Very well Said.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
08-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
*snip*
Personl gave up hope after we saw what we got so far with season 4.

Heck in march we told we be able to start with Klingon character in season 4. Well that has yet to happen.

*snip*
They did say that yes, you'd be able to start with them in Season 4. But Season 4 isn't done yet, not until Season 5 comes out. So there's still time. I think that the sheer scope of what they want to accomplish in Season 4 was too big to be finished all at once, so they're doing what they can, when they can.

Patience. It's not a Klingon's strong suit, but sometimes it's needed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
08-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The fact of the matter is, it seems whenver the schedule gets tight, KDF are the first to feel the pinch. From what I can gather, they're enthusiastic about making the KDF better, but for whatever reason, haven't been able/willing to prioratize it. The responses from various Devs don't seem to tally with what's happened so far.

If Cryptic is saying "no new content until more players", that's a cop out. If you make the content, the players will come. But as it is now, they're not giving people an incentive to come, wether this is on purpose or not so less content has to be developd, I'm not sure. But it is unpleasant.
Well said.

I have given up on Cryptic that they can make a right KDF. They can make Starfleet as many many developers before them, but they can't make KDF. If they could they would have released more content.

And please stop with the "Can I have your stuff" thing
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
08-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkonis
They did say that yes, you'd be able to start with them in Season 4. But Season 4 isn't done yet, not until Season 5 comes out. So there's still time. I think that the sheer scope of what they want to accomplish in Season 4 was too big to be finished all at once, so they're doing what they can, when they can.

Patience. It's not a Klingon's strong suit, but sometimes it's needed.
I say 1 and 1/2 years of Patience is more then enough. Time and time again developers have shown that Klingons get items scrapped, delay or just out canceled and that if they even brother to consider the klingon in first place.

We promise before game was launch two FULL PVE Faction. One year and six month later has 1 full PVE Faction and 1//3 of Faction.


About the only thing that cryptic has done quickly for Klingon was gate the FE so we have less chose of mission when leveling. Something that was not done to Federation side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
08-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Well said.

I have given up on Cryptic that they can make a right KDF. They can make Starfleet as many many developers before them, but they can't make KDF. If they could they would have released more content.

And please stop with the "Can I have your stuff" thing
But we wants it my precious, we wants it we does!

As for giving up on the KDF, I haven't given up as such, but I did delete my KDF sci the other week to make room for a toon I could level less painfully Fedside, which is at VA now by the way. Levelling a KDF toon is a repetetive process with a desireable end result but unpleasant in itself. Normally when we do this in our lives, we have a paycheque to go with it. When a game we pay for gets like that, perhaps it's time to stop and think "Well hey now, what's gone wrong here?".

I'm just glad I have one toon at LG. I may have another crack at it just so I can have me some Sci-bop and put my Tac in a Raptor, maybe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
08-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm hoping the new Perfect World overlords, lock up the development team unitl they generate more KDF content.

They can borrow my very rare Mk XIV whip, to keep those developers in line.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
08-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzak
I'm hoping the new Perfect World overlords, lock up the development team unitl they generate more KDF content.

They can borrow my very rare Mk XIV whip, to keep those developers in line.
Is it like the Ferengi one's from "The Last Outpost"? Those'd be cool to have in game. I'm not sure wether or not Dev abuse would help create a quality product though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
08-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Is it like the Ferengi one's from "The Last Outpost"? Those'd be cool to have in game. I'm not sure wether or not Dev abuse would help create a quality product though.
There's only 1 way to find out if Dev abuse, will lead to some KDF content.

The whip you can only get on the KDF side, but not from a mission, because can you guess why?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
08-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzak
There's only 1 way to find out if Dev abuse, will lead to some KDF content.

The whip you can only get on the KDF side, but not from a mission, because can you guess why?
Because warp 10 is lizards?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 AM.